Paint question

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Okay, so here's a little background: I hit a truck tire tread on the highway three weeks ago, when it happened it cut two tires, damaged a wheel, scratched the front number, put three big scratches in the rocker, and put a decent sized dent and some scratches low in the quarter right in front of the rear tire.

So last night I go to pick it up and evening starts off poorly, the dealership I had the car towed to doesn't have a body shop so they sent the car to another Ford dealership for the body work, when the car was delivered back to the dealership last night the forgot to reinstall the rocker panel, there was a chip in the paint of the wheel, and it seemed like there was excessive orange peel in the paint, especially in the quarter where the dent was, you could feel the orange peel.

My question is, can they fix the orange peel without reprinting? I thought they could probably wet sand it, but I'm concerned that doing so will reduce the life of the paint.

I would like to get the thoughts on this from the resident paint experts.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Post up some pictures, my first assumption would that wet sanding followed by buffing would be involved upon your description.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
The light sucked, so don't have any pictures yet, when they get the rocker on it, I'll go look at it again. I'll see if I can get some then.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
They can buff it, nothing leaves our shop without being buffed first.

Users who are viewing this thread