Painted Fox Bodies

stangposse

Established Member
Has anyone painted their fox body recently? I'm trying to get a feel for cost. My fox has no rust and I'd guess as far as prep work goes, it would be minimal.

If you have a pic of your fox after a new paint job, within the last 2-4 years, please post pics and how much you paid and where it was done.

Thanks!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Since nobody has answered you...I'll chime in. Mine was painted in 2002, and it was about 3k or so if I remember correctly.

The where was a local guy who has a spray booth at his house, does good work, but he's got a waiting list.

pics:
ext_rear_2.jpg

ext_front_1.jpg

ext_side_high.jpg

ext_rear_1.jpg

blownfox

Established Member
I spent $2200 on my paint job back in 2004. I plan on repainting the car this coming winter. Try to find a place that will warranty there work. I will use the same company that pained it the first time because the have a lifetime warranty. I will be paying $5000 this time, but the quality will be much better. Show quality this time and I still be the lifetime warranty.

P1012331.jpg

P1012330.jpg

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
IM probably gunna be painting the fox I just picked up, but ill do it myself so cost will be about $300 for paint, tape, paper and a weekend of work. Free labor is the best labor. It wont be show quality or anything and it might have a couple minor runs in it but it will look a hellava lot better than the 20 year old stock white paint.

I got a quote from Maco for $2400 to paint my stealth back to the factory white pearl if that helps. This Maco actually does A LOT of nice cars, ive seen some of there work and it looks pretty good, not like you would expect from a maco job.

stangin'

Established Member
paint job prices vary too much from shop to shop and region to region. the best advice i can tell you is to talk to a few different shops and see their work in person. also remember that prices are always negotiable no matter what they say. around here, Bay Area, CA most shops will charge $3k-5k for pretty decent paint job. here's my convertible that was painted this past fall.

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
It all just depends on where you go. Price have gone up a little. I have a hook up so my paint job will cost me 900.00 but I'll be doing all the body and prep work like normal.

pur pony

Established Member
Here is a pic of my old car the day it was delivered back from paint.

1993Sanja.jpg

Not sure on price though since it was done at a friends paint shop as a returned favor.
Shop is located in East Hartford Connecticut. He does awesome work.

The coupe i have now was just painted before i bought it. The receipt came along with the car and if i remember correctly, its was somewhere in the $4000 range.

Last edited:

mustangsally1

Established Member
23r0brk1.jpg

eqbm0y1.jpg

Any paint job can get high, it depends on the type of paint. Luckily my man paints cars so we only have to pay for materials and paint. I have seen some crap work I would just becareful where you go. All my friends only has him paint their cars, but if I were you I would do research on shops and painters before letting anyone touch it. Just my opinion.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
I am in the same boat, man...paint jobs vary in price so much.....might end up doing a vinyl wrap

Users who are viewing this thread