Painted my calipers

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
This is pure insanity...this is the crap i end up doing while the cars down..anyhow,i think it came out good...dont mind the dirtyness of the car,she doesnt get a bath til shes running again....rules are rules :). I painted over the COBRA lettering then sanded it down once it dried somewhat..worked well.

BTW i used the duplicolor kit you can get at autozone.

Jay

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Chunky04 said:
WOW!!Those look too good :thumbsup: Congrats man :beer: Is mine next?

LOL...i'm sure i could do them if you sent them to me... :rockon:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
How did you clear your front lights? Aftermarket pieces or did you cut them apart and jb weld the sillys out of 'em?

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
How did you clear your front lights? Aftermarket pieces or did you cut them apart and jb weld the sillys out of 'em?

Aftermarket...$172 on ebay..be forewarned this is my second set..they get sandblasted pretty good on the highway up here in the northeast.

I have the other set i will sell pretty cheap if you want to try and clean them up. $50 shipped and they are yours.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
whoa, that looks really great, what part # is that dulicolor?? & is it for high heat? and finally i wonder if they color would look good on a mystic???

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Mr. Freeze said:
whoa, that looks really great, what part # is that dulicolor?? & is it for high heat? and finally i wonder if they color would look good on a mystic???

It has ceramic in the paint so i assume it is for high heat. I think the blue would look out of place on your car..go for the black kit. $15.99 and a good 3-4 hrs to do it right.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good Dave, but those stock rotors steal a bit of the bling factor. I hated how quickly mine would rust up. Why not get a nice set of Wilwoods or Brembos. You would be so happy with them IMO. And that beast deserves the very best. ;-)
Wilwood.jpg

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Looks good Dave, but those stock rotors steal a bit of the bling factor. I hated how quickly mine would rust up. Why not get a nice set of Wilwoods or Brembos. You would be so happy with them IMO. And that beast deserves the very best. ;-)
Wilwood.jpg

Bob your getting old man....See name in bold above...LMFAO

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Did you do it with the calipers on or off the car?

Looks great :beer:

They were still connected to the brake lines but i took out the pads and removed it from the main bracket for the spindle and taped up all the areas that the kit recommends.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry about that Jay. LOL! I still say go with the Wilwoods. You won't regret it.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Sorry about that Jay. LOL! I still say go with the Wilwoods. You won't regret it.

Oh yes i will...little lady has a beat on every penny spent these days...weddings are a beotch.

Users who are viewing this thread