Pancreatitis... fun

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Anyone ever get pancreatitis? Was in the hospital for a few days (hours in my head on the drugs I was on) and still feel like shit and in a lot of pain. Curious if anyone on here has had to deal with it and has any tips to speed up recovery.

I know random topic but I'm sure others have had it.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Good luck in your recovery. My 'advice' is to take charge of your own health. Maybe 15 years ago my doc (at that time) was ready to remove my gall bladder (the most common operation in the USA, ~1,000,000 done every year). He said it wasn't really needed, but if it wasn't needed, then Mother Nature wouldn't have put it there.... at least, that was my opinion.

Anyway, I switched my diet in a major way. Also started taking some specific supplements.... and I still have my gall bladder. If/when it starts aching a little, I go back to the supplement regimen for a month or two, and that seems to relieve all the symptoms.

So I would say; work with your doc..... but stay positive, eat REALLY healthy, do lots of research, get the right exercise and meditate.

Recon

Established Member
Sorry to hear this. Hope you get better soon.
Only experience I had with it, was my dog Tommy would get it from time to time.

Pick your poison.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks all for the kind words. Wasn't coming on to bitch just asking advice but still made me feel better I appreciate it.

Good luck in your recovery. My 'advice' is to take charge of your own health. Maybe 15 years ago my doc (at that time) was ready to remove my gall bladder (the most common operation in the USA, ~1,000,000 done every year). He said it wasn't really needed, but if it wasn't needed, then Mother Nature wouldn't have put it there.... at least, that was my opinion.

Anyway, I switched my diet in a major way. Also started taking some specific supplements.... and I still have my gall bladder. If/when it starts aching a little, I go back to the supplement regimen for a month or two, and that seems to relieve all the symptoms.

So I would say; work with your doc..... but stay positive, eat REALLY healthy, do lots of research, get the right exercise and meditate.

Kind of where I am now. Clear fluids and very bland foods, broth, fruits, greens, no fat or red meat (sucks). Seems all you can do is eat well and manage the pain and it clears up in a few weeks. In the long run will probably lead to living healthier overall. A little warning from the Big Guy maybe. Wasn't exactly kind to my body in my twenties.

Just sucks, even post CoVid the doctors are a lot harder to get a hold of. Appts weeks out aren't very helpful.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Damn, sucks to hear. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you! Never had it and, God willing, I wont have to experience it.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sugar turns into a bully when you hit 30. I've actually had "sugar hangovers" before. The more sugar you can cut out, the better – especially added sugars. After a while, you'll be able to both mentally and physically satisfy that sweet tooth with apple slices or similar. I still struggle with this, but I've been there before and I want to be back there again. Good luck.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
A friend of mine had it in his late 20's and had to stop drinking alcohol because it would flare it up. He wasn't a heavy drinker but even a couple beers would annoy it. Good luck, sucks getting older.

Fat Boss

Established Member
My brother was diagnosed with the same. He's now convinced, twenty years later that his problem is more of an allergy or reaction to butane.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Sorry to hear man! Hope you get better!

What exactly causes it?

I asked the doctor and the answer was they don't really know. The go to is to blame booze, which I used to drink a lot but don't anymore (few beers at the occasional BBQ is about it). Think it's just the easy answer and their go to. Diet, infection, lifestyle, genetics, gall stones, a lot of variables.

For me I skip breakfast was overwhelmed at work so often skipped lunch too, come home eat a big ass Ribeye and pass out. The enzymes to break down fat amoung others are made in the pancreas. If you shock it too much not all the digestive enzymes make it out to the stomach and sit in the pancreas and wreak havoc.

Getting to the point in my life I can't live 12 hours on energy drinks alone and one giant meal everyday. Obviously never was a healthy lifestyle but used to get away with it. Guess it caught up.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I asked the doctor and the answer was they don't really know. The go to is to blame booze, which I used to drink a lot but don't anymore (few beers at the occasional BBQ is about it). Think it's just the easy answer and their go to. Diet, infection, lifestyle, genetics, gall stones, a lot of variables.

For me I skip breakfast was overwhelmed at work so often skipped lunch too, come home eat a big ass Ribeye and pass out. The enzymes to break down fat amoung others are made in the pancreas. If you shock it too much not all the digestive enzymes make it out to the stomach and sit in the pancreas and wreak havoc.

Getting to the point in my life I can't live 12 hours on energy drinks alone and one giant meal everyday. Obviously never was a healthy lifestyle but used to get away with it. Guess it caught up.
I appreciate the answer/info. Living on energy drinks and one giant meal probably wasn't the best bet to help get to this point.
But better to get healthy and shit under control now then vs when your 60 or so

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I appreciate the answer/info. Living on energy drinks and one giant meal probably wasn't the best bet to help get to this point.
But better to get healthy and shit under control now then vs when your 60 or so

No problem and completely agree. I'm not old (35) but lived the "power though, get the work done" mentality for a long time with no thought of how that'll come back to get me later.

Energy drinks are sketchy and a crutch to mask a lot of bad lifestyle choices. That and balancing work vs having a healthy life. I was drinking C4 for awhile then finally read the can and it's a Dupont blend that they don't have to even let you know what's in it.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I've gone to the less potent energy drinks with "natural" flavors etc..
Less caffeine but that's a good thing.

Hopefully you've solved the case on what caused the inflammation.

Users who are viewing this thread