panhard bar fitment

tbone7467

Established Member
Thanks and how are the steeda x2 ball joints. I have 03 cobra control arms than im going to put on my 98. Thinking or rebuilding them with poly bushings, x2 ball joints, and get them powder coated .
Yes how are the X2 and the 03 Control arms I have them sitting in my garage waiting install.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Overall it all helps. But one of the main thing of the 03 arms is that they allow for a wider rim/tire up front with no rubbing.

I currently run the x2 ball joints, 03 cobra a arms, poly bushings. It helps tighten up the front a little.

tbone7467

Established Member
wow that is awesome. ill have to see what i run.

Im back....
I have 18x9 and 18x10 running 265/35ZR18 and 285/35zr18 I wanted wider in the back like 295 or 305 but i couldn't find the tread pattern that would match front and back. the tire show recommended I not go wider as not to blow out the rear end. He said he went wide and all the grip snapped his axels. I dont know if i even should worry about that.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
wow that is awesome. ill have to see what i run.

Im back....
I have 18x9 and 18x10 running 265/35ZR18 and 285/35zr18 I wanted wider in the back like 295 or 305 but i couldn't find the tread pattern that would match front and back. the tire show recommended I not go wider as not to blow out the rear end. He said he went wide and all the grip snapped his axels. I dont know if i even should worry about that.

What? Who said this? There are guys running 315s all day and 335s even. Are you running slicks? Drag radials? Even then. Youll be fine. You can go larger tires all around if you want. Specially being on 10'' wide rims. 305 would be ok. or 295 if need be.

Anyway, yes for the rear it will be worth it. PH bar, lower control arms, and new bushings would do wonders for you. So would a tq arm & coils. But trust me I understand one step at a time. As far as the bushings were you thinking of going poly? Expect some extra NVH, but nothing insane. Also the UCAs, keep the bushing that connects to the pumpkin rubber. Otherwise it will cause excessive binding

tbone7467

Established Member
I got the RUCA (ford performance reproductions) from Maximum Motorsports with the Ford bushings they recommend. As for the rest of the car I already got a mishmash of energy prothane an factory bushings. I figured this is a good time to upgrade everything so I ordered the prothane bushing kit. I did motor mounts a little while back but the transmission mount didn’t work so we reinstalled the stock mount.

tbone7467

Established Member
car 1.jpg car 2.jpg car 3.jpg
Ran into low funds couldn't complete my whole install. My ford racing clutch had a bent spring? It was a nightmare to push in, I didn't mind too much as I like a firmer clutch, but at times it was rough. Changing out clutch was an expense I was not ready for unplanned for sure. Unfortunately, the panhard bar was something my mechanic wasn't comfortable installing so now I'm looking for another shop. I was able to get all the prothane bushings installed and the MM RUCA and bushings they recommended for that also. so at least it will be some what better. Next ill have to get it back into shop to get the front of the car completed.

TaraFirma

Established Member
I just finished installing a maximim motorsports panhard bar in my 1998 mustang cobra. Just in case anyone wants to know. A slp loudmouth catback will clear a maximum motorsports panhard bar on a 1998 mustang cobra. But just barely. The car handles much better now.

View attachment 1504815

View attachment 1504813

looks like the PHB is touching the anti sway bar. Is that the case?

Car is at the shop getting in installed now. I'll update with results. I don't expect the magnaflow to fit.

Any update on the MF exhaust and the PHB install? Ive read that the tailpipes need to be modified a bit to clear.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I am still installing the PH since I am doing it myself.. The holes I drilled are slightly off on one side. But not enough to cause an issue I dont think. Ran into some metal inside the frame rail. So have to drill it out to finish it off.
If anyone plans to do this themselves. New cobalt bits help sooo much!

Then the TQ arm goes on. Then on to fitting a GT hood on a cobra lol. With some large vents

And I cannot comment on the exhaust anymore as I plan on dumping my SLPs to get ready for track use. But I will let you know about clearance with a B&M diff cover (thing is huge).

tbone7467

Established Member
Bushings, X2 and control arms are all installed. I didn't notice any big difference maybe my expectations where high. My pan hard bar wasn't installed as my mechanic backed out at last minute, he didn't feel he could do it correctly. Car was in shop and this was the thing I was most looking forward to.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
What control arms? You wont feel the hugest difference with those mods. Just more tightness I would say (no slop). But it all adds up. The PH will be a huge difference.

If some of us morons (meaning myself - its good enough lol) can install a PH. The mechanic can do it. Just find someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread