Passenger door not shutting correctly...

Immortal LuD

Established Member
Hey guys! I noticed when I bought my Mystic, that the passenger door wouldn't shut without forcing it, and then after getting tint, the guy showed me that the window wasn't lined up correctly for the door to close. You have to close it by pushing on the top left of the window...

This is kind of annoying, and I messed with moving around the bump stops, and obviously that wasn't the issue. The window just isn't curving in towards the car enough.

Have you guys seen this before, or is there any easy fix? I have to lower the window anytime somebody gets in or out of the car... Kind of annoying!

allgo90

Established Member
sounds like the car has been in an accident...i'd take it to reputable body shop and make sure everything is straight.

Immortal LuD

Established Member
I would have figured a body shop would be able to tell what it's from, and possibly fix it. I just don't have any local body shops that I have been to, or trust.

I guess I'll start looking then!

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
I have the same problem with mine, I think it has something to do with the window guide.

Let me know what you find out.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Is the rest of the door lined up with the body? Open the door and see if there is excessive up or down movement. If there is play the door pins need to be replaced.

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
There is a guide piece on the very top on the inside of the door that you can adjust that pushes the window out or lets it come in a little. Maybe that guide is too far out? I don't know if it would push it out enough to cause this problem, but it's really easy to take the door apart and look, and I would recommend trying yourself before going to a body shop. If the lines all match up for the door, then the door is aligned properly. :shrug:

19Mystic96

Established Member
There is a guide piece on the very top on the inside of the door that you can adjust that pushes the window out or lets it come in a little. Maybe that guide is too far out? I don't know if it would push it out enough to cause this problem, but it's really easy to take the door apart and look, and I would recommend trying yourself before going to a body shop. If the lines all match up for the door, then the door is aligned properly. :shrug:

I had this same problem.. i just adjusted the guides and i pulled the window back as far as i could get it.. and it closed fine.. just work at it and be careful with the window and the tint..

Immortal LuD

Established Member
I was fixing the window motor on my Bro's '95 Cobra, and when I had the panel off and paper peeled back, I remember seeing the window guide in there, but not a way to adjust it. Perhaps it'll be in the Haynes manual. I'll have to check that out.

Gets kind of annoying when you drive around with somebody else, have to make them get out with the window down, and then put it up and get out. *sigh*

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
from a bad memory:

you have rear/front glass height stop adjustments

you have rear/front the glass tilt adjustments

you have rear/front track adjustments .. it's a stud star bit with a nut on it.. loosen the nut a little and then screw in the stud and that should tilt the track/window inward towards the car.. snug the nut down when you're done

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread