• Patriots

Votes: 69 53.9%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 59 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C6 Vette

Established Member
The O-Line is great and the boys couldn't get much of any pressure but another thing is, when we did blitz Roy or D-Ware, the Patriots run short routes to perfection and they would catch it 5 yards downfield and have 10-15 yards of open space. That is literally unstoppable if you can execute short routes when being blitzed.

Thats true, but it seems the Patriots are the only team that can make a defence bite hard on play-action even if the running game has been inept...lol

Dallas could have flooded the first ten yards from scimmage to shut down the short routes....but that would take a Denver like secondary to protect a deep pass....and Dallas is lacking talent in the secondary.......Terrence Newman makes dumb decisions when playing zone, and Roy Williams cant cover for sh*t.....So it did'nt take a rocket scientist to figure what the outcome would be...

FinalStraw

go hang yourself
Established Member
Thats true, but it seems the Patriots are the only team that can make a defence bite hard on play-action even if the running game has been inept...lol

Dallas could have flooded the first ten yards from scimmage to shut down the short routes....but that would take a Denver like secondary to protect a deep pass....and Dallas is lacking talent in the secondary.......Terrence Newman makes dumb decisions when playing zone, and Roy Williams cant cover for sh*t.....So it did'nt take a rocket scientist to figure what the outcome would be...

Yeah, we need Henry back, Newman usually covers the slot while Henry has the outside due to Newmans quickness on short routes and being able to jump the pass. Ah well, Brady's Brady whatcha gonna do eh?:beer:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
You only changed your tune about Brady after you got shredded for saying ridiculous shit like he was "overrated," "anyone could look good playing for that team" "he plays behind a brick wall" and on and on and on.

You are a tool.
to quote myself:
i'll say it yet again, brady is a damn good quarterback but everyone says he's as good as manning and i dont think he isnt. thus, i think brady is overrated because i disagree with popular opinion. i dont see why this is so hard to understand. i never said that brady sucked, go read my posts.
that post is on page 4 of this thread, posted on 10-9-07 @ 4:02PM ET. last i checked, the patriots/cowboys game took place on 10-14-07 @ 4:15PM ET.

now, to quote myself yet again:
but all the patriots fans that are on their knees with their hand in front of their mouths decide to ignore the parts where i say "he is a great QB just not as great as...". but i guess if they dont want to take their blinders off.
feel like getting off your knees any time soon?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You have to admit that it is difficult to get pressure on Brady....His line does an excellent job of pass blocking....He is the real deal, besides what the haters might say......There is no denying that Brady makes excellent decisions on his throws.....The key to beating the Patriots is getting pressure from the front four. The problem is, there are no teams in the league with a dominant set of four down linemen....There are too many ppl to cover and any kind of blitzes leaves someone open and up to this point Brady has seem to find them........This team mirriors the 1999 Rams....Too many weapons!!!

Brady has been sacked an average of 30 times per season over his career. I'd hardly call that a "brick wall" when Manning hasn't been sacked 30 times in a season EVER. I agree with the rest of your post though.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
to quote myself:

that post is on page 4 of this thread, posted on 10-9-07 @ 4:02PM ET. last i checked, the patriots/cowboys game took place on 10-14-07 @ 4:15PM ET.

Hey genius, you posted that AFTER myself and other people told you how stupid you were for saying Brady was overrated. It had nothing to do with the Cowboys game. I just brought it back up after the Cowboys game to further show how dumb your posts were, especially after you made excuses for why he did so well.

now, to quote myself yet again:

feel like getting off your knees any time soon?

There you go thinking again. I hate the Patriots. I just recognize and admit when someone is good, rather than make excuses for their success just because I don't care for them. Try it sometime.

C6 Vette

Established Member
Brady has been sacked an average of 30 times per season over his career. I'd hardly call that a "brick wall" when Manning hasn't been sacked 30 times in a season EVER. I agree with the rest of your post though.

I agree that during his career he has been sacked often,but in 2007 I have to disagree. This year he is not holding the ball as long and is getting some quick releases (mostly due to an excellent short passing game).....So I guess you have a point on the O-line pass blocking as not being the reason for his lower sack count.........When its all said and done,his sack count is down compared with previous seasons...

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I agree that during his career he has been sacked often,but in 2007 I have to disagree. This year he is not holding the ball as long and is getting some quick releases (mostly due to an excellent short passing game).....So I guess you have a point on the O-line pass blocking as not being the reason for his lower sack count.........When its all said and done,his sack count is down compared with previous seasons...

I totally agree that his Oline is doing very good this year. His sack count is way down. That idiot was talking about his Oline being a "brick wall" over his whole career, and during the season when they won their first SB. Too bad he got sacked 41 times that year and didn't even start every game lol.

C6 Vette

Established Member
I totally agree that his Oline is doing very good this year. His sack count is way down. That idiot was talking about his Oline being a "brick wall" over his whole career, and during the season when they won their first SB. Too bad he got sacked 41 times that year and didn't even start every game lol.

+1

You can't even compare this Patriots Oline to some of the great ones of years past....The redskins hoggs,the 90's Cowboys,70's Raiders.....just to name a few.....If the Patriots Oline was that good,they should be close to the top in the rushing category...and they are'nt close..

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i already said it before in this thread, bradys average is 26 sacks, not 30. 01 it was 41 sacks, 02 it was 31, and 03 it was 32. he hasnt had another 30+ sack year since 03.
Hey genius, you posted that AFTER myself and other people told you how stupid you were for saying Brady was overrated. It had nothing to do with the Cowboys game. I just brought it back up after the Cowboys game to further show how dumb your posts were, especially after you made excuses for why he did so well.
thought you were referring to the game, my bad. and still, like i said before point out where i ever said he sucked or anything to that extent. try post #71, i point out that i hadn't been saying that he sucked or anything like that. hell, go back further to page 2 where this entire schpiel started, you'll see i never said he sucked or anything to that extent, i merely said he is OVERRATED. but your not gonna go look at the previous posts, your just gonna keep blabbering and shoving words in my mouth. if it really does raise your self esteem then more power to you!
There you go thinking again. I hate the Patriots. I just recognize and admit when someone is good, rather than make excuses for their success just because I don't care for them. Try it sometime.
oh, i appoligize. i should have said brady fanboys instead of patriots fans.
01 it was 41 sacks, 02 it was 31, and 03 it was 32. he hasnt had another 30+ sack year since 03.

Users who are viewing this thread