• Cowboys

Votes: 59 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
are you reading the same post that i typed, because i didnt think it came out like that.

not sure if you remember or not, but bledsoe was out for a couple games near the end of the regular season/start of the playoffs, so they threw the back up in, brady. brady had a brick wall of an offensive line in front of him(because if it wasnt bledsoe would have been sacked a TON), so he wasnt hardly ever under pressure. brady plays/wins a few games with the best team in the league, and bledsoe heals up. but for the remainder of the playoffs and the superbowl they start brady. bledsoe played nearly the entire season and got them where they were, just to get shafted and be on the bench in the superbowl. shafted big time!

brady didnt have to prove much, he came into the best team, by far, in the NFL and took over from bledsoe when bledsoe was the one that got them where they were. that team was so good that i bet grossman could have took them to the superbowl. grossman makes his mistakes when he's under pressure and when you have the brick wall that the pats have in front of you, its not that hard for a quarterback that started for a mediocre team in college to win games

no no no! like i said, the media goes on and on about brady, comparing him to manning. i have absoloutley no doubt that he is not as good as manning, thus, he is overrated because nearly everyone, especially the media, thinks he is.

we could go on, but we're just gonna go in cirlces. my opinion, brady is WAY overrated. he is mearly a pretty good player on a team of great players. when you have a wide reciever as fast and tall as moss, you just throw it above his head and he'll catch it. no one in the secondary will be able to get the ball with his height(MEARLY AN EXAMPLE, I KNOW MOSS WASNT WITH THEM THE PAST 5 YEARS).

I don't know what to tell you man. I see you're from Ohio, so I'll just take that "mediocre college" comment with a grain of salt (since I'm a Michigan fan). At Michigan he was 20-5 as a starter with a Big 10 title and 2 bowl wins (against SEC teams :-D ). But that doesn't really matter since we're talking about the NFL here.

As far as the NFL goes, I don't think you remember the 2001 season very well. Bledsoe didn't "start the whole season and get them to where they were." He got hurt in the 2nd game and Brady became the starter. He finished out the season, doing a pretty decent job, then finished it off in the playoffs. Bledsoe did come in while Brady was hurt in the playoffs, but Brady started the SB and they got the win. Bledsoe hardly got screwed, he just lost his job to a better QB. As you can see it paid dividends for the Pats, because Brady has done very well for them.

90.3 career passer rating, 62.5% career completion percentage, 3 Super Bowl wins, 2 Super Bowl MVP's. Overrated? Even with that "brick wall" offensive line, he still gets sacked an average of 30 times per season. That's not good. Manning has never been sacked 30 times in a season even one time. Not once.

Just admit it dude, you hate Brady and he's a great QB LOL.

Ry_Trapp0 said:
you do when you have a mediocre schedule and a solid offensive line. i dont blame him for either of that, but everyone talks him up like he is GOD. everyone talks about him, then they bring up payton manning. does brady call his own plays on the fields? nope, manning does. he isnt comfortable under pressure, he doesnt get a set of plays that he gets to call him self in the huddle, he is OVER RATED. im only a brady hater because the media made me hate him. you gotta admit that, even the he was on the downswing of his career, bledsoe got straight SHAFTED. hell, if anything that proves how good of a line the pats have, bledsoe was a friggin statue!

That's the dumbest sports related post I've read this week. Brady is an absolutely phenomenal QB. You can feel free to point out the other QBs in NFL history that have started the season with 16TDs and only 2 picks through the first 5 games...and won 3 SuperBowls...and 2 SuperBowl MVPs.

And what are you babbling on about Bledsoe? I'm sure the Patriots feel real bad about having to go and "shaft" Bledsoe, win a SuperBowl, and kick start the career of one of the greatest QBs of this era.

Ry_Trapp0 said:
are you reading the same post that i typed, because i didnt think it came out like that.

not sure if you remember or not, but bledsoe was out for a couple games near the end of the regular season/start of the playoffs, so they threw the back up in, brady. brady had a brick wall of an offensive line in front of him(because if it wasnt bledsoe would have been sacked a TON), so he wasnt hardly ever under pressure. brady plays/wins a few games with the best team in the league, and bledsoe heals up. but for the remainder of the playoffs and the superbowl they start brady. bledsoe played nearly the entire season and got them where they were, just to get shafted and be on the bench in the superbowl. shafted big time!

Could you have any less clue what you are talking about? Bledsoe played two VERY mediocre games in 2001 (both Patriots losses) got injured, and the rest is history. The Patriots were 11-3 for the rest of the regular season under Brady.

As for the brick wall, uuhhh, Brady was sacked 41 times in 14 starts. Wow, that's an awesome brick wall.

Ry_Trapp0 said:
brady didnt have to prove much, he came into the best team, by far, in the NFL and took over from bledsoe when bledsoe was the one that got them where they were. that team was so good that i bet grossman could have took them to the superbowl. grossman makes his mistakes when he's under pressure and when you have the brick wall that the pats have in front of you, its not that hard for a quarterback that started for a mediocre team in college to win games

He proved a hell of a lot. Maybe you are thinking about your Madden season in 2001 because in reality, the Patriots were big time underdogs after compiling a good, but not great, 11-5 regular season record during the regular season. Does "The Greatest Show on Turf" ring a bell? It should, because that's the 14-2 team they faced in the SuperBowl, who were expected to steamroll the Pats and anyone else in their way. The Patriots were a nobody that year that came out of nowhere.

Ry_Trapp0 said:
no no no! like i said, the media goes on and on about brady, comparing him to manning. i have absoloutley no doubt that he is not as good as manning, thus, he is overrated because nearly everyone, especially the media, thinks he is.

That crazy media!! Comparing Brady to Manning. It's as if they were the two best QBs in the league that faced off against each other repeatedly in the playoffs or something! What are they thinking??

Ry_Trapp0 said:
we could go on, but we're just gonna go in cirlces. my opinion, brady is WAY overrated. he is mearly a pretty good player on a team of great players. when you have a wide reciever as fast and tall as moss, you just throw it above his head and he'll catch it. no one in the secondary will be able to get the ball with his height(MEARLY AN EXAMPLE, I KNOW MOSS WASNT WITH THEM THE PAST 5 YEARS).

Your opinion obviously isn't grounded in reality or based on ANY facts whatsoever.

Sports thread are becoming worse than political threads littered with libs. I'm going to bed...

Last edited:

tvguy

Ry_Trapp0 said:

I am speechless.
PACOTACO

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh, i HATE OSU. with a friggin passion. cant stand them! thats all you see/hear around this shitty state, even when its not college football season. but i wasnt saying brady played for a mediocre college, i was saying that anyone from a mediocre college could step into his place in new england.

damn, you did get me there. i could swore he started and got injured near the end. 2001 was a long time ago, LOL. still say the old pro got the screw while the young future QB that would have numerous superbowl runs gets started in his place. but this isnt really the subject at hand, and a matter of opinion anyways, so whatever.

again, when you have a team around you as good as the patriots, just about anyone can look good. the superbowl bears being my example again. the bears had the easiest schedule in the league so they made it to the playoffs no problem(getting through the playoffs was a straight fluke, IMO). that made grossman look pretty friggin good, right? exactly. now, im not saying that brady is as bad as grossman, hell no. a lot better than grossman. besides, you win a superbowl as a team, completion percentage is just as much a story of how good your WRs are as much as it is how accurate the QB is, and QB is the most common superbowl MVP. and brady is sacked an average of 26.4 times and manning at 17.3. brady was sacked 41 times in 01, 31 in 02, and 32 times in 03. those were the only 30+ sack seasons for him. you are correct though, manning has never had a 30+ sack season. but the sack stat says as much about a QBs mobility and awareness as it does the lines strength.

dude, i dont get it! how many times do i have to say it??? THE MEDIA COMPARES HIM TO MANNING, AND I DONT THINK HE IS AS GOOD AS MANNING, I.E. AS GOOD AS WHAT THEY, THE MEDIA, SAY! THUS, I THINK HE IS OVERRATED!!!

i dont reallky hate him, i just think he is OVERRATED. popular opinion says he is on par with manning, but i disagree with that and appearantly you do too, thus we both think he is OVERRATED. he's a damn good QB, no doubt, but definatly no on par with manning. i would take him as a starter over probably 3/4 the QBs in the league(especially right now when there are only a few good ones), but he is still OVERRATED.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
That's the dumbest sports related post I've read this week. Brady is an absolutely phenomenal QB. You can feel free to point out the other QBs in NFL history that have started the season with 16TDs and only 2 picks through the first 5 games...and won 3 SuperBowls...and 2 SuperBowl MVPs.

And what are you babbling on about Bledsoe? I'm sure the Patriots feel real bad about having to go and "shaft" Bledsoe, win a SuperBowl, and kick start the career of one of the greatest QBs of this era.
TDs says as much about the QB as it does the WRs. the interception stat is a wildly flawed stat. an interception could be the recievers fault from just not getting the ball or not running the right route, or it could be because the QB is ignorant like grossman. superbowls says as much about the team as it does the single player. when the QB is the MVP it usually means the team was balanced and efficient meaning they didnt focus on just running the ball and didnt focus on just one WR. its also the most popular choice for SB MVP.

again, HE IS NOT NEAR PAYTON MANNING, HE IS OVERRATED. damn good QB but OVERRATED. you guys are taking my posts the complete wrong way. i never knew OVERRATED was synonymous with SUCK.

tvguy

Ry_Trapp0 said:
oh, i HATE OSU. with a friggin passion. cant stand them! thats all you see/hear around this shitty state, even when its not college football season. but i wasnt saying brady played for a mediocre college, i was saying that anyone from a mediocre college could step into his place in new england.

damn, you did get me there. i could swore he started and got injured near the end. 2001 was a long time ago, LOL. still say the old pro got the screw while the young future QB that would have numerous superbowl runs gets started in his place. but this isnt really the subject at hand, and a matter of opinion anyways, so whatever.

again, when you have a team around you as good as the patriots, just about anyone can look good. the superbowl bears being my example again. the bears had the easiest schedule in the league so they made it to the playoffs no problem(getting through the playoffs was a straight fluke, IMO). that made grossman look pretty friggin good, right? exactly. now, im not saying that brady is as bad as grossman, hell no. a lot better than grossman. besides, you win a superbowl as a team, completion percentage is just as much a story of how good your WRs are as much as it is how accurate the QB is, and QB is the most common superbowl MVP. and brady is sacked an average of 26.4 times and manning at 17.3. brady was sacked 41 times in 01, 31 in 02, and 32 times in 03. those were the only 30+ sack seasons for him. you are correct though, manning has never had a 30+ sack season. but the sack stat says as much about a QBs mobility and awareness as it does the lines strength.

dude, i dont get it! how many times do i have to say it??? THE MEDIA COMPARES HIM TO MANNING, AND I DONT THINK HE IS AS GOOD AS MANNING, I.E. AS GOOD AS WHAT THEY, THE MEDIA, SAY! THUS, I THINK HE IS OVERRATED!!!

i dont reallky hate him, i just think he is OVERRATED. popular opinion says he is on par with manning, but i disagree with that and appearantly you do too, thus we both think he is OVERRATED. he's a damn good QB, no doubt, but definatly no on par with manning. i would take him as a starter over probably 3/4 the QBs in the league(especially right now when there are only a few good ones), but he is still OVERRATED.

Holy cow can you just shut up?
PACOTACO

Ry_Trapp0 said:
TDs says as much about the QB as it does the WRs. the interception stat is a wildly flawed stat. an interception could be the recievers fault from just not getting the ball or not running the right route, or it could be because the QB is ignorant like grossman. superbowls says as much about the team as it does the single player. when the QB is the MVP it usually means the team was balanced and efficient meaning they didnt focus on just running the ball and didnt focus on just one WR. its also the most popular choice for SB MVP.

again, HE IS NOT NEAR PAYTON MANNING, HE IS OVERRATED. damn good QB but OVERRATED. you guys are taking my posts the complete wrong way. i never knew OVERRATED was synonymous with SUCK.

Translation: I can't give you a single example of another QB ever starting the season like that before.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
nope. its a public forum that contains a topic that i feel like discussing. obviously you still think im saying "brady sucks" when ive been saying this whole time that he's not on par with manning(THUS OVERRATED SINCE EVERYONE THINKS HE IS). your either not reading the posts or your using your selective reading skills because my opinion differs from yours. how pathetic it is when someone gets offended because someone elses opinion isnt the same as their own.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
Translation: I can't give you a single example of another QB ever starting the season like that before.
ok, you caught me. i cant. i really dont feel the need to dig through the internet for some tiny facts such as this.

so tell me, are you saying that QB makes the team? exactly my point, one player cant make an entire team good, and an entire team can make one player look great or horrible. look at troy aikmans last few years. the cowboys were absoloutley horrible. but, with your method of taking stats at face value, he sucked ass. nice try on the fact manipulation to prove yourself right though.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
The Cowboys won! Now, you have a great game on Sunday with two unbeaten teams.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Say what you want about Brady but I guarrantee the Patriots would still be looking for their 1st championship under Bledsoe.

Coiled03

Established Member
Euphoric One said:

Somebody explain to me how a hot start translates to "greatest QB ever", or even "best QB this season". :shrug:

There are still 11 games to be played.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
MassCobra said:
Say what you want about Brady but I guarrantee the Patriots would still be looking for their 1st championship under Bledsoe.

Hold on for a minute, if Bledsoe stayed and had the personel that Brady had/has, you would be wrong. Remember this is a team game, not one person.

LACULEBRA

Established Member
The bills were motivated yesterday..besides this is the n.f.l..Buffalo did their homework and wanted to win on their 1st monday nighter in 13 years..I think they put up a great game against the boys and a lot of things went right for them..I beleive that dallas defense only let out 3 points..there was just very good fortune for the bills yesterday night. But dallas is a better team and thats why they won.Neither cowboys or patriots have really played any good teams.The only good teams were chargers which got killed and bears which got manhandled. This game is really going to determine a lot. After watchin the cowboys beat the undefeated colts last year I dont beleive the colts are the best in the nfl..I think the colts will loose agaisnt the patriots and the chargers.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
zaxjax said:
Hold on for a minute, if Bledsoe stayed and had the personel that Brady had/has, you would be wrong. Remember this is a team game, not one person.

I think most people who have followed the Pat's would tell you the same.
Bledsoe has a knack for making a huge mistake at the most critical time of the game.
Brady took over a 1-2 team when Bledsoe got hurt in 2001 and out of nowhere won a championship. Now I do think there are more skilled QB's in the NFL but none smarter than Brady and that counts for alot in that position.

LACULEBRA

Established Member
I am a die hard cowboys fan. I will not cover my eyes and say Tom Brady sucks because the man is one of the best if not the best in the game. In this game most of the time you are represented by your accomplishments and im sorry but if was not as good as he is he would not have all those rings, mvp's, etc..I think he is proven effective. He and the patriots have ruined lots of dreams.. chargers, rams, raiders...so i can see the hatred...
GO COWBOYS

Users who are viewing this thread