Votes: 69 53.9%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 59 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FinalStraw

go hang yourself
Established Member
I dont think we can conclude jack shit whether or not the cowboy/niners could compete because no one knows. Ask a high school coach? I didnt know high school coaches were the key to the wonders of the football world. Have kids gotten bigger? By a huge amount. Faster? Maybe a little bit, Deion in 95 ran a 4.29 in training camp, last time i checked only Ginn and Hall can run that right now consistently. Smarter? very doubtful, Neil O' Donnell for the steelers was horrible but played because he was a damn smart qb. All in all I do believe it has gotten harder but to say those elite teams of all time can't compete is stupid, nobody knows whether or not they can compete because it wont ever happen.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sorry you hang on to the past like you do. NO WAY would this Pats team lose to ANY 90's Cowboy team. NO WAY. The cowboys in that day and age were a great team. Wouldn't amount to ZERO in this day and age though. Ten "short" years HAS made a HUGE difference my friend. HUGE. It's obviously a hard concept for you to grasp. STOP living in the past is my suggestion to you.
PACOTACO

Obviously athletes get bigger and stronger as time goes on, and coaches have a greater history to look back on and learn different things about the game, but to say that teams from only 10 years ago couldn't compete with the current teams I think is a stretch. At least when you're talking about the elite teams from 10 years ago.

You don't think the 95 Cowboys or 94 9ers could hang with the best teams of today? There's no doubt in my mind they'd give them all they could handle and more. Their offense linemen were huge, they had great QB's, great WR's, and RB's, and hard nosed hard hitting defenses that I'd put up against any offense of today.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Obviously athletes get bigger and stronger as time goes on, and coaches have a greater history to look back on and learn different things about the game, but to say that teams from only 10 years ago couldn't compete with the current teams I think is a stretch. At least when you're talking about the elite teams from 10 years ago.

You don't think the 95 Cowboys or 94 9ers could hang with the best teams of today? There's no doubt in my mind they'd give them all they could handle and more. Their offense linemen were huge, they had great QB's, great WR's, and RB's, and hard nosed hard hitting defenses that I'd put up against any offense of today.

not only that but you cant beat the 95' cowboys when they were on crack...i think all of them were. :rockon:

there was an article about this a year ago on which powerhouse dynasty would win the pats or boys.

they took a poll nation wide AND had writers all over the nation respond, and the cowboys won by a landslide.

kaotic

Established Member
the past 2 games have shown that brady makes mistakes and in general is very uncomfortable under pressure. the cowboys, as long as they blitz, should be able to make him make mistakes, especially with the likes of greg ellis and demarcus ware, if not get sacks. only problem is the cowboys have a relativley weak secondary. as long as the secondary is on their game, i think the boys will win in a close one. either way, the final score is gonna be close.

Correction sir. Cowboys have a banged up secondary. Terence Newman is not at 100%, #2 corner Anthony Henry is out and may not play vs New England with a high ankle sprain. Ken Hamlin has been a surprise imo, and he has certainly helped roy williams alot.

FinalStraw

go hang yourself
Established Member
Correction sir. Cowboys have a banged up secondary. Terence Newman is not at 100%, #2 corner Anthony Henry is out and may not play vs New England with a high ankle sprain. Ken Hamlin has been a surprise imo, and he has certainly helped roy williams alot.

On that pic T-New had i was like run faster your fast as hell and then i remembered his foot problem, if he would have been 100% he would have taken it to the house. Yeah and Henry leads the league in picks still i think.

EnzoTheBaker

Established Member
I cant believe the cowgirls are beating the Pats in this poll!

How many people actually watch football?

youngster

Established Member
i agree with you enzo i hate both teams but without a daubt the pats are going to win, i dont think it will be close

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

yea, thats like saying that barry sanders wouldnt be able to hang with the running backs of today, or micheal irvin couldnt hang with the top wide recievers of today. my ass.
yep, thats their only major weak spot. well, besides their horrible special teams work(besides that onsides and nick folk). they need to get joe avezzano back as the special teams coach.

we all know that moss is the go to guy in new england right now, so maybe the cowboys will stick pat watkins on him since watkins is 6'5. as long as he can hang with moss on the routes, he should be able to knock away some catches. but thats the question, could watkins hang with moss.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
yea, thats like saying that barry sanders wouldnt be able to hang with the running backs of today, or micheal irvin couldnt hang with the top wide recievers of today. my ass.

yep, thats their only major weak spot. well, besides their horrible special teams work(besides that onsides and nick folk). they need to get joe avezzano back as the special teams coach.

we all know that moss is the go to guy in new england right now, so maybe the cowboys will stick pat watkins on him since watkins is 6'5. as long as he can hang with moss on the routes, he should be able to knock away some catches. but thats the question, could watkins hang with moss.

im willing to bet they will stick Newman and sometimes a Saftey on Moss.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
hoepfully not roy williams. i love watching the guy play, but he just plain cant cover wide recievers downfield, let alone someone as fast as moss!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
a few weeks ago yahoo news had a list of the most popular teams. last year it was the bears(go figure, everyone is a bandwagoner), this year they dropped to 4th(i think it was) and cowboys are #1. colts were #2 last year and this year.

kaotic

Established Member
:( it will never be, but i really wish they would implent him as a LB in some plays. Maybe help out and give ellis a break.

Cowboys have pretty good depth at LB, Roy Williams would be an undersized Lb. Cowboys have Bradie James, Akin Ayedele, Greg Ellis, D Ware, dont forget about Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Spencer who has been playing really well.

C6 Vette

Established Member
Sorry you hang on to the past like you do. NO WAY would this Pats team lose to ANY 90's Cowboy team. NO WAY. The cowboys in that day and age were a great team. Wouldn't amount to ZERO in this day and age though. Ten "short" years HAS made a HUGE difference my friend. HUGE. It's obviously a hard concept for you to grasp. STOP living in the past is my suggestion to you.
PACOTACO

omg....dude this story came up early this week on Fox Sports Radio....So since we are on the topic of the Pats and how good they are playing I thought I would bring it up...

Users who are viewing this thread