Paxton 5.0 vs C6 Z06

TheBorkinator

Established Member
So I was at the local Ford dealership getting my oil changed because I'm lazy as shit and it's only $15 and there's a beautiful yellow C6 Z06 parked up front. I guess the guy heard my blowoff when I rolled onto the lot because he came up to me while I was waiting outside for my car and told me how great it sounded. We talked for a little while and he told me his Z06 only had CAI and a tune. He was there looking at a GT350.

Anyways we just happened to leave around the same time and we went the same direction so you know how that goes. We did a pretty short pull because of traffic and the area being notorious for cops. Went from from 50 to 90 and were side by side the entire time. Neither of us gained an inch. Around 75 we both looked at each other through the window surprised as hell. Closest and best race of my life.

Either he lied a bit about his mods or those Z06s are stupid fast even in stock form. My car sits around the 640whp area.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great run! I had a Paxton coyote car that trapped 127 mph with the 3.8 pulley. Fast cars.

A c6z would trap around 122-125 bone stock where i live so i wouldnt doubt he had a CAI and tune only.

My local track routinely has a DA of around 3000-3500 ft. Sucks.

Those things are fast as hell.

MG0h3

Established Member
Was it a C6 or 7? Post says C6 Z07

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Zyborg the guy's son was in the passenger seat filming. If I had gotten his number I'd have it. Maybe I'll see it pop up in one of my local groups.

MG it was a C6 Z06, I just can't type. Edited the original to correct.

apache driver

Established Member
Was it a C6 or 7? Post says C6 Z07

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zyborg the guy's son was in the passenger seat filming. If I had gotten his number I'd have it. Maybe I'll see it pop up in one of my local groups.

MG it was a C6 Z06, I just can't type. Edited the original to correct.

Z07 is a performance package offered on both the C6Z & C7Z. Has nothing to with being a C6 or C7.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
he was clearly lying. prob had Head/Cam/header package. their pretty quick with that and being so light its possible but idn ur car is making quite a bit of power

DarkMach1

Established Member
I just use Motorcraft 5w-20. Should I use something else?

I was kidding man. $15 sounds absurdly low for any kind of decent oil change. Makes you wonder if they putting the proper oil or even putting a new filter in. An FL-500s oil filter is like $8-9 bucks alone I think. Think about it.

TheBorkinator

Established Member
I was kidding man. $15 sounds absurdly low for any kind of decent oil change. Makes you wonder if they putting the proper oil or even putting a new filter in. An FL-500s oil filter is like $8-9 bucks alone I think. Think about it.
Oh nah I bring my own oil lol. Their price for using their oil is like $55 I believe.

Swine

Established Member
C6z's are beast's from a roll even in stock form. Dont doubt for a second he hung with you for a short pull, probably would have looked different out to ~140 or so though you pulling

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
he was clearly lying. prob had Head/Cam/header package. their pretty quick with that and being so light its possible but idn ur car is making quite a bit of power

Nope. If he was at 50mph, likely in second gear. He wouldn't even have to shift once to hit 90mph. I suck at drag racing and trapped 135mph with milled heads and a mild cam. As stated, they are light as hell, and move out hard as hell from a roll. Sounds about right. I miss my c6z. Crazy, those cars are 12 years old, and are still the ultimate benchmark for everything---

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea they are impressive roll out cars being so light and aerodynamic.

Nope. If he was at 50mph, likely in second gear. He wouldn't even have to shift once to hit 90mph. I suck at drag racing and trapped 135mph with milled heads and a mild cam. As stated, they are light as hell, and move out hard as hell from a roll. Sounds about right. I miss my c6z. Crazy, those cars are 12 years old, and are still the ultimate benchmark for everything---

Users who are viewing this thread