PAXTON 5ohh

derricksmustang

Established Member
Not quite all the way done but got to fire her up tonight.. Waiting for a few more parts to finish up the tune and A BIG thanks to all those who have helped me get here.. LUND, BCR Terry&Thomas, AM ALEX, BMRtech and all those on this sight. When I first got this car 8 month ago man she is turning into a beast cant wait to finish this stage and get ready for the next lol.. Any word of wisdom from those with boosted cars this is my first. Thanks

justinsstang

Established Member
Have fun when you're tuning and get to do your first 3rd gear pull for datalogging. That moment when you hit around 3500RPM and boost starts to ramp up and push you in to the seat more and more. Lol. Centri ftw.

derricksmustang

Established Member
Thanks guys... Next will be definitely sticky tires lol!! Scott hows the 325 treating you do they do well on the street?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Thanks guys... Next will be definitely sticky tires lol!! Scott hows the 325 treating you do they do well on the street?

Actually my car is hooking pretty dam good on the street! I'm going to have to get the wife to video a "Test Hit"! Lol! I swear it felt like I'm pulling the left front off the ground on the street today... I've been playing with launching smooth at 3/4 throttle instead of going strait to the floorboard... I've got my battery & intercooler tank in the trunk to help in the Hook department!

burke985

Established Member
Not quite all the way done but got to fire her up tonight.. Waiting for a few more parts to finish up the tune and A BIG thanks to all those who have helped me get here.. LUND, BCR Terry&Thomas, AM ALEX, BMRtech and all those on this sight. When I first got this car 8 month ago man she is turning into a beast cant wait to finish this stage and get ready for the next lol.. Any word of wisdom from those with boosted cars this is my first. Thanks

Congrats first off...always wait till car is fully warmed before beating on it , I change my oil every 3k miles it has worked so far May be excessive but idc I don't have to guess if I have good oil in it. I also monitor IAT2 and don't beat on it if it reads 145 or higher ,in the summer it gets pretty hot around here but so far no issues with the Stock roush cooling system. I also don't beat on it if fuel reads less than 1/4 of a tank. Those are just some of my own things I do to mine so far it has worked and no issues with anything. Also Data log every once in a while and see if your tuner will look at them to ensure everything is working properly. Other than that that's all I got I'm sure the more experienced guys can offer you more advice , good luck

derricksmustang

Established Member
Thanks guys.. Finally got the rest of the parts in and on the car did the first idle and neutral data logs today. Id like to see your car in person Scott and im sure I will at some point at Miland you car is a beast and the people on here are awesome very inspiring and people like me and im sure a lot on here that are working men who can afford one of these awesome cars..

derricksmustang

Established Member
What are your guy Gauge set ups I got AEM fuel pressure gauge and im wanting to get the aeroforce or the new Ngauge from leathal performance I dont like the pillar gauges to ricy for me..

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
No gauges here... I think the pillar gauge pods are ricy too! I just data log fuel & timing etc...

I'll be up at Milan for the No ET on May 30th, stop by and say hello!

derricksmustang

Established Member
Well guys finally got to drive the car.. data logged for John LUND awesome guy to work with been data logging for about a week now. I'm going to try enjoying what I've got but am probably going to want to do the smaller pully and waste gate soon what are your guys thoughts?

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Get the beefcake set up its a big difference over the stock pulley. I went from 492 ftlbs of torque peak to 557lbs the car is a different animal now!

mhyjek

Established Member
Get the beefcake set up its a big difference over the stock pulley. I went from 492 ftlbs of torque peak to 557lbs the car is a different animal now!

TQ booster is the equalizer with a centri plus you don't to spin the car to the moon to get power! It's like a PD without heat soak lol no need for ice cubes lol...

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When i was at 492 ft lbs i was at 9.4lbs of boost peak. now its 10.4 lbs so 1lb netted me nearly 65 lbs of torque and it comes in sooner!!! One area in my graph it was over 70 ftlbs

derricksmustang

Established Member
Nice I want to do it soon I've got a ? For you guys on a 93 octane fuel how much would you have to use a meth kit to be equal to E85.. The reason I ask is I'm tuned on E85 but thought about getting a meth kit to put on the car I case I run into not bring able to find it?

derricksmustang

Established Member
With the torque boost kit is it easier on your fuel system and motor? What are you guys that are running it have your rpms set to shift are they still set to 7200? I just got a tune last night and wow that's awesome I definitely need drag radials lol....

derricksmustang

Established Member
Well did a final WOT pull and she went lean.... Had to drain the fuel out and put 93 in it was differently hoping to run E85. Now back to Data logging and tuning it for 93. I guess the Kenny bell just doesnt have what it takes I talked with Mr.Lund and he said a better pump or the better JMS wouldn't get me enuff fuel witch sucks because I like all the benefits of running it more power cooler temps and it smells good lol!! Looks like ill be doing the 3.33 and waste gate very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread