• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

paxton Air to Air charge cooler with ford racing 3" core radiator

Discussion in 'The Blower Bistro' started by Bill Anderson, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Bill Anderson

Bill Anderson Member Established Member

Hi Everyone,

I usually post in the cobra r section, but figured this question could be best answered here.

Am installing a vortech v7 on a 2000 cobra r, and decided to use the paxton A to A charge cooler as it does not require any cutting or removal of the front end to install it...cooler went in fine, but discovered that because of the 3" radiator core, the fan sticks out an extra inch, making it impossible to install the fan without cutting it, also the intercooler plumbing is tight as well.

I am looking for a low profile electric fan that will fit....any suggestions?

email me at [email protected] help would be appreciated

thanks again

Bill A.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. delvin.a

delvin.a Active Member Established Member

Have you thought about a Contour fan or Mark VIII with the shroud trimmed? I have zero clue if this will get thin enough for your application just a suggestion. The Mark VIII and Contour fans move a lot of air but that R fan might be even more kick ass. Can you trim the shroud on your R fan?

3. Josh93

Josh93 Active Member Established Member

I have a Mark VIII fan if you need one, LMK

4. Brutal Metal

Brutal Metal Well-Known Member Established Member

Bill a piece of advice for you, I'd suggest removing your stock bumper support and foam and replacing it with a Chromoly one, there will be much more room for you to work, your oem fan will fit fine and the cooler will get more air flow to it! When the time comes and you wanna resell your car slap the old heavy support back on!