Paxton E85 740rw 5.0 vs bolt on Viper

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Some fun runs between some locals .

Mustang 5.0 - full bolt ons, Paxton, E85 - 740rw

Viper - couple of bolt ons. 597rw/565tq

Races 50-150 and 60-150. High rolls at request of 5.0 owner due to traction issues.

[video=youtube;bFV3lD75cRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFV3lD75cRc[/video]

5.0 was given the hit on this run.

[video=youtube;qLxauUhm7JA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxauUhm7JA[/video]

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Mathematically, that doesn't make sense.

Unless it had the hellcat motor.

I see what you did there... lol

Holy shit. These new vipers are no joke. They keep impressing me every time.

For sure. The powerband, weight and gearing is amazing. The owner of this one has some pretty cool plans for it.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Right, so I was hoping for 1/4 mile and trap numbers to make sense of this. If a Bolton viper traps 140 it makes sense. Do you know these cars personally?

Yes, I know both owners well. The owner of the Viper hasn't had it very long, maybe a month. Track season is coming up and I'm sure he will make it to the track when it's time.

The problem with the 5.0 (in my opinion) is that while it makes great HP, they lack torque. Plus it's heavier than the Viper.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Those Vipers are definitely rolling out! Saw the same against a new Z06 from a roll.

stangfreak

Established Member
foof, whats the weight on these new vipers? I need to hit lotto. I want one of these so bad

cb900f

Established Member
Yes, I know both owners well. The owner of the Viper hasn't had it very long, maybe a month. Track season is coming up and I'm sure he will make it to the track when it's time.

The problem with the 5.0 (in my opinion) is that while it makes great HP, they lack torque. Plus it's heavier than the Viper.
While I agree with that statement, if that 5.0 was making a whole 140 hp more, you would see it pulling somewhere in the powerband. Which we didnt. Not even when the 5.0 got the hit.

IMO, Torque wins races, HP sells Paxton's (w/o TQ booster).

But those numbers in the video still don't add up....

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Seemed to go as expected, Viper has a great powerband not peaky at all, the 5.0 weighs more, likely has a peaky powerband, and doesn't have much torque or power under the curve.

So what if it's making 140whp more, how long is it really at that power? Not hating on centri's at all I run one myself, but I'll be getting rid of that shit for a turbo in the near future.:D

cb900f

Established Member
Seemed to go as expected, Viper has a great powerband not peaky at all, the 5.0 weighs more, likely has a peaky powerband, and doesn't have much torque or power under the curve.

So what if it's making 140whp more, how long is it really at that power? Not hating on centri's at all I run one myself, but I'll be getting rid of that shit for a turbo in the near future.:D
Yeah, but that doesn't mean from 60-140mph that viper gets 4 cars. I dunno how much racing you've done, but in ALL of my videos the math adds up. Just sayin. C5z, to TT 5.0. Math is Math. You can't fool Einstein.

Users who are viewing this thread