Paxton or Procharger

hopony

Established Member
Being a mustang and camaro owner you must catch flack from both sides....lol

Don't really do anything with the camaro anymore. Got to a point where it was really out if my budget to go faster and really not fun to drive on the street anymore. When I bought the mustang I was looking for a new camaro, but I just loved the way the mustang drove. Not to mention I saved about 10k. Now, I am having fun learning all about coyote motors. No matter what you own haters gotta hate!

hopony

Established Member
If you wanna go fast you have a Chevy. If you want more troubles and go fast buy a ford lol.

Has nothing to do with badge on the car. Has to do with the amount of money invested in the chassis and motor. Also I have to drive the mustang every day.

D.T.R

Established Member
Don't really do anything with the camaro anymore. Got to a point where it was really out if my budget to go faster and really not fun to drive on the street anymore. When I bought the mustang I was looking for a new camaro, but I just loved the way the mustang drove. Not to mention I saved about 10k. Now, I am having fun learning all about coyote motors. No matter what you own haters gotta hate!

just because it's a 409 on 2 stages it doesn't mean is gonna work well on the streets though. Bring it out whenever you are ready, i can set you up to run a car with less motor and less spray, yet faster. There is always someone faster i can assure you that :D

hopony

Established Member
just because it's a 409 on 2 stages it doesn't mean is gonna work well on the streets though. Bring it out whenever you are ready, i can set you up to run a car with less motor and less spray, yet faster. There is always someone faster i can assure you that :D

Dtr you are kind of making my point for me. I know there is always someone faster. I know 4 cars in daytona beach that are faster than my camaro on the street and at the track. My point was if I want to run single digit 1/4 miles I already have a car setup for that. I am in no way saying an ls1 car can't be beaten or gm is better than ford. My plans for the mustang are different and I am on a budget that excludes a 9000 dollar turbo kit and I don't want to guinea pig an on3 kit with my dd. I want to make 600 to 650 hp on pump gas and drive the car to work.

D.T.R

Established Member
I paid $7300 for my Hellion TT kit.
Not sure where the $9000 comes from though :eek:

hopony

Established Member
I paid $7300 for my Hellion TT kit.
Not sure where the $9000 comes from though :eek:

7300 is what I found tuner kits for. I figured about 1500 to 1700 for fuel upgrades and tune. Then I saw all the ceramic coating, heat blanks, heat wrap, boost contoller and any other misc crap you might need. I think 9000 would be the minimum you would spend not counting labor.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
7300 is what I found tuner kits for. I figured about 1500 to 1700 for fuel upgrades and tune. Then I saw all the ceramic coating, heat blanks, heat wrap, boost contoller and any other misc crap you might need. I think 9000 would be the minimum you would spend not counting labor.

Dont worry, I think most people understood what you were saying... most

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
There are 9 second street cars being driven daily, technology has brought us a long way. 1100 hp and 26 mpg on the highway!

D.T.R

Established Member

You don't need fuel and other upgrades on a blower setup?
That's like me factoring in that you need to pay additional for the JLT CAI, pulleys, belts, headers, ceramic coating (can also be added to your headers? or do S/C cars not have an exhaust system?), tuning, etc...

Every FI kit has "miscellaneous" that can be added to it to make it nicer.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You don't need fuel and other upgrades on a blower setup?
That's like me factoring in that you need to pay additional for the JLT CAI, pulleys, belts, headers, ceramic coating (can also be added to your headers? or do S/C cars not have an exhaust system?), tuning, etc...

Every FI kit has "miscellaneous" that can be added to it to make it nicer.

s/c don't generate the kind of heat on the headers like a turbo system does.

For under 6k he got a polished kit, jlt upgrade, all fuel upgrades, everything needed.

3k or more less, and can make more than enough power to blow the block, and with a built motor, make over 1000rwhp!

D.T.R

Established Member

For under 6k he got a polished kit, jlt upgrade, all fuel upgrades, everything needed.

3k or more less, and can make more than enough power to blow the block, and with a built motor, make over 1000rwhp!

While that's true, coating the turbo manifolds aren't really "a must have".
There are tons of people running without coating with no heat issues, nothing melting, and without sacrisficing any performance?

If we are going to get that detailed, then headers would be a must for a S/C setup :rolling:

I am not saying that a Paxton is more money than a turbo kit lol... i'm not that blinded, but a turbo kit ain't no $9k.
The standard kit, right off the WGs, will make over 600whp, same as a paxton at 10psi... so if all you want is 600whp you don't even need a boost controller, just get injectors and a bap (just like the S/C kits?) and you're good to go.

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member

I'll ask 1 simple question, how much power does a Paxton make on 6psi? Throw in some Headers, full exhaust to make it fun.

Yes, Turbos are more expensive, but I can flip a switch and make 6psi, 10psi or 14psi with a push of a button, no new tuning required. I'll have a sandwich and a nice Ice Latte while I watch the blower guys sweat it out swapping pulleys. And for guys wanting to run more boost with a new pulley, new tune, more $$$. :beer:

While that's true, coating the turbo manifolds aren't really "a must have".
There are tons of people running without coating with no heat issues, nothing melting, and without sacrisficing any performance?

The standard kit, right off the WGs, will make over 600whp, same as a paxton at 10psi...

We are still running Stock Headers and don't have a problem. And yes, on the WGs, we are making 5-6psi and more power than any Paxton/Vortech/Procharger will make, that's a FACT.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I'll ask 1 simple question, how much power does a Paxton make on 6psi? Throw in some Headers, full exhaust to make it fun.

Yes, Turbos are more expensive, but I can flip a switch and make 6psi, 10psi or 14psi with a push of a button, no new tuning required. I'll have a sandwich and a nice Ice Latte while I watch the blower guys sweat it out swapping pulleys. And for guys wanting to run more boost with a new pulley, new tune, more $$$. :beer:

We are still running Stock Headers and don't have a problem. And yes, on the WGs, we are making 5-6psi and more power than any Paxton/Vortech/Procharger will make, that's a FACT.

you can have the belt slippage :D

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Turbo>everything else

/Thread

In all seriousness yall can argue all day.

Here are the facts

Paxton is the cheapest game in town (other then N2O)
Turbo makes more power on less boost (and more mid range)

Both will blow your stock engine.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I want to see a Hellion TT kit, complete, for my 2013 Boss for under $5000. On their website the kit is $7500 tuner/ $8500 complete, plus upgrades

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
At first the idea of spending almost $6k on a supercharger bothered me, but now that my car is three times the car, I don't regret it one bit! It turns a pretty fun car into a BEAST! Pick ur poison, buy it, and never look back. They're all awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread