PCM Replacement?

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
gotta do one more thing to the truck tonight with the ford tech and then im towing it to the dealership if we cant get the fuel pressure figured out. the tech said something about if its the PCM it should be warrantied cause the state has emissions even with my factory warranty expired allready. anyone know anything about if that is true or not? how much does a new PCM cost?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
There is an emissions warranty which is 8yrs or 80k. One could argue that the PCM does or doesn't affect emissions, and with your mods, I would say the dealer would/could win.

As for the cost for the EEC, I searched 1stfordparts.com and they only had a regular F150 listed at 273, so I'd expect around there for cost...

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
There is an emissions warranty which is 8yrs or 80k. One could argue that the PCM does or doesn't affect emissions, and with your mods, I would say the dealer would/could win.

As for the cost for the EEC, I searched 1stfordparts.com and they only had a regular F150 listed at 273, so I'd expect around there for cost...
im going to try to get it towed to the dealership where my buddy works if thats the case. he'll fill me in more about what to do with it tonight if we cant get it to stay running.

gonna check for an injector sticking open and blow out all the lines tonight.

i replaced the regulator and the truck holds pressure fine now when i turn the key forward, but as soon as i start the truck pressure drops to 0... even with the relay jumped for the pumps.

the possibility of an injector staying open and dumping the fuel is there

the possibility of something clogging the line resticting flow rate is there also

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
has to be a clogged fuel line

just tried to blow 85psi through the line at the rail and only got about 10psi coming out of the line where it connects to the filter

gotta try some more tomorrow on it.

LightningMAS

Banned
damn man, u still havnt gotten ur truck fixed yet? jeez... dont u thin kits the chicago weather thats messing up ur truck??? i dunno...

i hope ya get it all figured out!!

Users who are viewing this thread