Pcv is bad with blower

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I was recently redoing my intercooler piping from the standard procharger kit piping that honestly had pretty poor fitment and I’m glad I took it apart. This is the photo I took of the blow by from my pcv going into the kit’s location. The oil you see is super old and the consistency of syrup, the worst part is that all of it had to come through the blower to get to the point pictured in the intercooler and more (not pictured) coating the piping leading to the intercooler. If anyone has a blower on their car, you can only benefit from installing a catch can... for the love of blowers, please install one.

IMG_8802.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Got a picture of the previous setup?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

The intercooler in front is the old one, and the intercooler on the car in the back is all new. I don’t have any photos of the original piping on the car but you could find some online that look similar to mine. The piping hung way below the bumper and war rusting in a few places as well.

IMG_8815.JPG

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
fyi I tried using one of those jlt pre-filters on the pass side and it didn't slow it down much. Im running a breather over there right now. I thought the head unit was leaking but it was oil getting sucked in

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
fyi I tried using one of those jlt pre-filters on the pass side and it didn't slow it down much. Im running a breather over there right now. I thought the head unit was leaking but it was oil getting sucked in
Totally agree, I went the route of a moroso catch can (pictured next to the blower) that route from both pcv’s and vent out of the catch can breather and cap off other stock pcv ports. I’ve found this to be the most effective method and the safest.

IMG_8415.JPG

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Totally agree, I went the route of a moroso catch can (pictured next to the blower) that route from both pcv’s and vent out of the catch can breather and cap off other stock pcv ports. I’ve found this to be the most effective method and the safest.

View attachment 1677604

driver side I went with an inline catch can from JLT then a one way check valve then connected to the intake

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Nevermind, I didn't realize you had a 2v. I had the 4v pcv routing in my mind. I did have that same issue on my old Procharged 02GT. A Powerpipe and larger air filter fixed that issue for me. Then I just ran a catch on the pcv side.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread