Pedal Stuck Under Carpet...PLEASE READ!!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I want to thank all of you who have filed a complaint. I intend to follow up with them on this matter. We may have finally got Ford's attention on this matter and something may get done with it. I don't expect a very fast resolution as I'm sure it will take Ford a bit of time to (1) decide if the problem does exist (2) If it does, why? (3) The best way to resolve it. (read #3 as "best = cheapest") But I don't think they can ignore this any longer. There is now an official record of this problem and if someone is injured, God help them if they ignore it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One thing that ticks me off on this one is that it is another example of Ford's unwillingness to put the customer first. We all know that Ford knows about this problem but they don't want to spend the money on a recall to fix it. They'd rather take a chance like they did with the Explorer/Firestone fiasco. So they'll drag their feet and wait until they're forced to do something. Ford - Quality 1. NOT! :fm:

ralphy1798

Established Member
This happened to me at the 1/4 mile track, i blasted my way up to 145mph before shutting her off...

i cut the carpet and restuck it in a better place!

Jeff

ralphy1798

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Ralphy, did you click the link and file a complaint?????????????????????????????????

I did a long time ago. Also took it to the dealer and they laughed at me. Whata bunch of professionals!

This happened to me on the way to work getting on the highway...Was to the top of third when finally got it shut down, and it took me forever to stop.....Missed the cars ahead of me by using the emergency lane...Thank god noone was broke down! If this had happened when my wife and kids were in the car, I would be at the hospital right now, with my loved ones hurt. It would have scared the crap out of her and she would not be strong enough to steer and brake with no power assist....If some one gets killed Ford will go down! :cuss: Something needs to happen NOW!

Babino

Established Member
Bought the car yesterday (2004 Redfire), pedal stuck today. Fortunately nobody was hurt. I filed a complaint. What a joke Ford - need another Firestone size incident before a recall?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Anyone who has had the pedal stick, let the NHTSA know your story. Most of us have known about this issue for quite some time but some people still don't know so everyone whose pedal has stuck report what has happened to your car and that may help "encourage" Ford to recall the cars and prevent one of our Mustang brothers or sisters from being hurt or killed. WOT with a stuck pedal on a 400hp car is not a joke.

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
That is absolutely right Flyn...and you hit the nail on the head. I have been reading threads about this problem for months on this site and never, ever saw anything being done by Ford about this. That's why I initiated the complaints to the government. I can't believe how fast things started happening after that. Ford had their chance to address this and didn't. Now they can live with the consequences of having to get the government involved.

XLER84.6

Established Member
flyn high again said:
WOT with a stuck pedal on a 400hp car is not a joke.

This no joking matter. I don't think Ford or the government want any lives to be at stake here. Having a stuck throttle is almost like having brakes that do not work.

NH10th

Established Member
The SVT Dealers in my area ignored me on this subject, the tick and other matters.
Thank GOD it's not my daily drive (2500 miles). I will keep this car for a long time but will be reluctant in buying another SVT until Ford and the dealerships have better customer support for SVT owners.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Torch Red 10th said:
This isn't the solution (Ford should make it right) but this is what I did and I love it......Gas Pedal Mod

this is a good mod :thumbsup:

I did it back in 2002 when I first got the car

I didn't lift it as much as that though...I think I may try a 1" spacer now

cable ties work just as well as hose clamps

Last edited:

CWD

Established Member
Filed complaint tonight

Thanks for the link to fill out complaint form. On the Accelerator mod would a 1" section of rubber fuel line work as well? Not sure where to get the nylon spacer? Thanks Charles

GodStang

Established Member
I saw on the news the other day that there is a recall for 03-04 mustangs along with other year/model Fords for the pedal sticking. Do not know much more than that. Just saw it and thought yall would like to see it.

fjules

Established Member
I found the spacer at Lowes in hardware department. Mod works nice, lifted the accelarator pedal almost level with the brake. I also gorilla glued the carpet down all around the pedal area, hope I never need to lift the carpet.

shocker 420

Established Member
Stupid idea.......But, if I needed money bad(thank god I don't), I's get my pedal stuck and then crash my car and then sue ford.... do all this and try not to get hurt, THAT bad. It COULD be a nice pay out...

Sooner or later something like this might happen.... and it woun't be on purpose...

Users who are viewing this thread