Pensacola/ Florida panhandle

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Translation:

"Dave, you shut your whore mouth when you talk to me."

:lol:

Better translation

"I dicktucked against the vetter after talking shit via Facebook, now Im trying insult you by saying HEY YOU DONT KEEP CARS LONG BRO"

Alex knows I luzzzzz him, we are just trying to make a man out of him and his ported eaton/nawzzzz car that he seems ashamed to admit has the previously mentioned nawzzz kit on it.

Scott needs to feed him more "supplements". Hopefully Scott doesnt convince him to gut the car and go auto though, sheesh.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yep. I need some Welds or something like Troys setup.

Racestar offers a lot of bang for the buck. Just make sure you throw away the racestar lug nuts and washers....buy McGard stuff. I've made posts about the proper part numbers, and can find that information for you if you need it.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Racestar offers a lot of bang for the buck. Just make sure you throw away the racestar lug nuts and washers....buy McGard stuff. I've made posts about the proper part numbers, and can find that information for you if you need it.

Correction, you need my setup!!! More better!

Yall both are swinging off my nuts...:poke: Had them before anyone in p cola lol. There is nothin wrong with the race star lug nuts. Got more miles on my setup then both Scott and troy with a few 10 hr trip with NO problems. I will say don't use aluminum washers tho. The lug nut digs into the washer and with the washer been out of round you can't get the lug nut to back off. That's with aluminum aftermarket washers not what comes with the wheel.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yall both are swinging off my nuts...:poke: Had them before anyone in p cola lol. There is nothin wrong with the race star lug nuts. Got more miles on my setup then both Scott and troy with a few 10 hr trip with NO problems. I will say don't use aluminum washers tho. The lug nut digs into the washer and with the washer been out of round you can't get the lug nut to back off. That's with aluminum aftermarket washers not what comes with the wheel.

i.e. You never take your Racestars off. That's why you don't have the issues like I have.

Buy the McGard replacements like I have, and you will never use Racestar lugs and washers again.

The lugs chip and rust, and as you stated, the washer bend in and bind the lug nut. You also have the digging into the washer issue.

Trust me, McGard made a huge difference. I won't use those Chinese lugs and washers again.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
i.e. You never take your Racestars off. That's why you don't have the issues like I have.

Buy the McGard replacements like I have, and you will never use Racestar lugs and washers again.

The lugs chip and rust, and as you stated, the washer bend in and bind the lug nut. You also have the digging into the washer issue.

Trust me, McGard made a huge difference. I won't use those Chinese lugs and washers again.

I have taken my wheels off many times, prolly just as much as you have. Yes they have chip alittle nothing major. I stated that the aftermarket ones dig/bind into the lug not the ones that came with the wheels. As long as the washer isn't aluminum then they are fine. I still have the stock lugs on the front and stock washers on both front and back. Have open end one on the back. The lugs only need 110ish ft pds. I never had a problem with my stock ones bending, the aftermarket alum ones did yes.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
I have taken my wheels off many times, prolly just as much as you have. Yes they have chip alittle nothing major. I stated that the aftermarket ones dig/bind into the lug not the ones that came with the wheels. As long as the washer isn't aluminum then they are fine. I still have the stock lugs on the front and stock washers on both front and back. Have open end one on the back. The lugs only need 110ish ft pds. I never had a problem with my stock ones bending, the aftermarket alum ones did yes.

As long as you don't use an impact wrench you are fine with the race star shit. Lol

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I hand torque them to 90 ft. lbs.

No more, no less. I'm able to get accurate torque readings with the McGard lugs and washers. That wasn't the case with Racestar Chinese junk.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Also, when you torque the Racestar lugs, the washer twist in the hole, never wanting to stay "in groove". The McGard washers do not do that. They stay in the exact location.

I have never had mine move. They fit in the groove, I tighten them by hand to make sure the washer stays in the groove and then tq them down. Works fine. Now if you just screw them in without making sure they are in the groove then yes you'll have problems.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Also, when you torque the Racestar lugs, the washer twist in the hole, never wanting to stay "in groove". The McGard washers do not do that. They stay in the exact location.

I have never had mine move. They fit in the groove, I tighten them by hand to make sure the washer stays in the groove and then tq them down. Works fine. Now if you just screw them in without making sure they are in the groove then yes you'll have problems.

Users who are viewing this thread