People who stream TV, come in pls.

Coiled03

Established Member
The DTV Now app sucks ass. I would look into PS VUE, don’t have to own a PlayStation either, it’s available on multiple streaming devices.

OK - dumb question time. Can you use PS Vue with a remote control? I don't want to have to break out a PS4 controller, or my phone to switch channels. Also, what about a channel guide?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
OK - dumb question time. Can you use PS Vue with a remote control? I don't want to have to break out a PS4 controller, or my phone to switch channels. Also, what about a channel guide?

Yeah, just use the remote of your device, say for example you have a firetv, roku, just download the app and your set. PS vue is also available on some newer smart tvs as well.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

I use the Amazon FireTv remote. You don't even need to own a Playstation.
It has a guide and puts the channels you pick as favorites first. The only issue I have with the guide is that it doesn't give descriptions on the show all of the time. Hasn't really been that big of a deal.

It also has a last channel feature which I like because I don't like commercials.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Yeah and it’s always getting blown up too. I have used Kodi and it’s variants in the past. I am going to start using my plex server more for the time being. I hoping someone hacks the Terrarium app and makes an ad free version that works.

I've been using a ad free version for the last year. Sucks its shutting down. For everyone looking for an alternative, try freeflix.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I will check into freeflix, thanks for the 411.

I've had freeflix for about 6 months but never used it because Terrarium worked so well. There are a few more out there but I don't want them to get popular like terrarium did lol.

Coiled03

Established Member
Yeah, just use the remote of your device, say for example you have a firetv, roku, just download the app and your set. PS vue is also available on some newer smart tvs as well.

My device is a chromecast. Doesn't have a remote lol, unless you mean my phone. Sorry....like I said, dumb question time.

Jack Burton

Established Member
In the link I posted, in the guys App Store, he has a working version of Terrarium (and a ton of other stuff).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
In the link I posted, in the guys App Store, he has a working version of Terrarium (and a ton of other stuff).

Will definitely be checking that video out and figuring something out since Terrarium is gone. What do you use? I tried Pluto TV a while back and wasn’t impressed.

Coiled03

Established Member
So, unless I'm mistaken, I just learned that PS Vue streams in 720p, 60fps. I didn't buy an HDTV for that kind of picture quality.

What's the picture quality if you use a firestick? What about all these other streaming services?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
So, unless I'm mistaken, I just learned that PS Vue streams in 720p, 60fps. I didn't buy an HDTV for that kind of picture quality.

What's the picture quality if you use a firestick? What about all these other streaming services?

Skip firestick it’s limited to 1080p. Firetv will do 4K. All three (DTV, Sling, PS VUE) are a little vague on streaming content resolution , most real time hd content is broadcast in 720P. There are a lot of factors though, your bandwidth and gear onsite etc. FWIW Amazon and Netflix both offer some HDR/4K content now. Though much of their content offerings will playback at 1080P

Coiled03

Established Member
1080p is fine with me. My TV is only 1080p, so anything above that is pointless since it won't upscale. And I don't think my eyes are good enough anymore to distinguish between 1080p and 4K.

Hardware isn't an issue. I stream 1080p movies from my PC to my chromecast all the time. I just don't want to downgrade picture quality from what I currently have.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

90% of the stuff is broadcast at 720P or 1080i ( inferior to 720P). Whether is thru streaming, cable, DTV, etc, it'll be 720/1080i. Very rare when its 1080P and/or 4k. All your device does it upscale/convert to 1080P and higher.

I believe if you want the best picture quality and sound for local channels, you'll need an antenna.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
We have some flat HD antennas that work great for local OTA broadcast. Picture quality is amazing since it's compressed far less. OTA football games in HD look like you are there.

Users who are viewing this thread