People with Kooks axleback

SCalla1384

Established Member
I bought a set of used Kooks axlebacks. My old car had them too, and on the exhaust tip and muffler it was written kooks. These I got have a Kooks stamp welded on the tips and mufflers. Does anyone have those? Just want to make sure they're not a knock off set? Thanks!

scott_0

Established Member
my Kooks have the Kooks logo etched into the tip, I think the body of the muffler has a tag

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah, not a welded on stamp right? These are mine. I've never seen them like this. Just want to make sure they're not fake

received_10156444624230201_zps3pmppl6x.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
hrmmm, yeah mine aren't welded on tags on the tip, they are actually etched, there are tags welded on the body, maybe these are Steeda, they used to make these for Steeda from what I understand

clc44

Established Member
Worst case they're steeda and someone welded them on there. The mufflers look correct. I've seen kooks weld their logo on things like shown.

KushBandit

Established Member
Worst case they're steeda and someone welded them on there. The mufflers look correct. I've seen kooks weld their logo on things like shown.

I agree, they look like legit kooks. These are probably older mufflers made for Steeda, or they were made before Kooks revamped their product appearance. They have the same model number as the standard kooks mufflers, and I've seen many kooks parts with welded on logos. Usually headers and mid pipes.

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
The kooks I ran in my G8 had the same badge that's on your tips but it was welded on the muffler.

DakWhit

Established Member
I just installed mine yesterday and it only had the badge welded to the mufflers. Ordered them new.

Users who are viewing this thread