performance sho

motoman991

Banned
does anyone here have a v8 sho that has modded it? like bbb's, intake, exhaust or anything. i am wondering what the best bang for the buck would be. i am also currently looking for a 2nd gen 5speed sho

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

blue92

Established Member
TexanTony is in the process building his own supercharger kits with custom water intercoolers for the gen1 and 2s. His gen2 SHO will soon be running over 20lbs of boost. He's also got a fix for the poor 3rd gear design.

Also he has a gen1 for sale that has a completely rebuilt engine in it, it's white with a black interior and white slicers. The interior is in great condition looks almost like new. :-D

02StanGT

Established Member
Go to ShoShop.com, Expensive but only like 1 of 3 options u have. I own an 89 and thats where I get all my stuff. As for best bang for the buck....well with the SHO's market being monopolized by the few that have the parts good luck. Id have to say get some exhaust put on and an intake anything more than that you'll need the $$$

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
02StanGT said:
Go to ShoShop.com,
NO! Search SHO Shop either here or on SHOforums.com to find out why. IN the past they were good....not so the last few years.

94BlueSHO

Established Member
I dont even thing SHOshop is even still around..But yes stay way from SHOshop as much as possible. And there really isnt to much for the V8 SHO. Exaust and intake and weld the cams thats all I can think of.
yes they are fixed now..the pic in my sig is about a year and a half old.

Last edited:

Y2KSVT

Established Member
94 SHO, I can't help but notice the front slicer in your sig, is on the wrong side of the car. Only reason I noticed, is I just picked up a 93 MTX SHO and the front wheels need to be swapped around. They're directional wheels, but only the rear's are correct. :(

Mark

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Not all are directional, the 91/92 Slicers are all the same, I believe 93 was the first year where they made them for a specific side of the car. One set was made in Canada, the other in Italy. I can't remember which is which.

94MarkVIII4cam

Established Member
Sho Information

If you are looking for ANY information on a SHO you need to go to either www.shoforum.com or www.shotimes.com

The market for aftermarket parts for the V8 sho is the least popular because Ford had a big problem with the cams exploding in the v8s and ford voided warranties, all kinds of stuff... There is currently still a class action law suit against ford related to the gen3 sho. The Gen 1 &2 however have the most aftermarket. Shoshop is top on the list of vendors to NOT buy from. They used to be good, but their customer service is out the window now adays, dont belive me, do a search on the shoforum for them. Gen 1 & 2 shos are very reliable if left fairly stock, and for someone who is slightly mechanically inclined, you can get the tools and do the valve lash yourself. Lots of gen 1 and 2 owners wouldnt take a gen 3 if you gave it to them...

Not trying to sound preachy. Sorry if I have. I have owned shos for over 4 years, and the shoforum is the best place to solve any of your sho problems.

hope this helped in some way... :pepper:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The Gen III SHO cams do not 'explode'. Its a matter of the cam sprockets seperating from the cams and then everything else smacking itself together.

And if you saw the second post, shoforum.com was already recommended by Chris, which I or others usually point people towards on a more technical type question.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Not all are directional, the 91/92 Slicers are all the same, I believe 93 was the first year where they made them for a specific side of the car. One set was made in Canada, the other in Italy. I can't remember which is which.

I knew the 92's weren't directional. His car is a 94, so I would assume he has directional wheels. It was just an observation, as I have the same thing going on with my SHO.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread