Performance shop near sandy springs,GA?

04RiceEater

Established Member
I moved here a few months ago and bought a 04 GT. Im looking to have a catted midpipe installed and was wondering if there were any shops around my area that could install if for me? Also would a aftermarket catted midpipe pass emission tests here? I really want an O/R mid pipe but im guessing its not going to pass?

Thanks guys.:beer:

Jack

JStyles

Established Member
G&S muffler on Lower Roswell in Marietta is where I got mine installed. Great group of guys. O/R will not pass btw.

Wabish

Established Member
You've got Mo's Speed Shop in Dallas, GA and Kurgan Motorsports in Braselton across the street from Road Atlanta. Both are excellent and both are 40 miles from you. Just in different directions. Your call.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I moved here a few months ago and bought a 04 GT. Im looking to have a catted midpipe installed and was wondering if there were any shops around my area that could install if for me? Also would a aftermarket catted midpipe pass emission tests here? I really want an O/R mid pipe but im guessing its not going to pass?

Thanks guys.:beer:

Jack

I live in sandy springs and there are none here.
Allthough there is a muffler shop about 1/4 mile south of abernathy road on the west side of roswell rd and a few on Johnson Ferry rd right across the river that could do it.
Also there is a good muffler shop between terrill mill rd and delk road on cobb pkwy just south of pep boys on the opposite side that did some welding on my mufflers once that they are priced pretty fair.
G&S muffler on Lower Roswell in Marietta is good to.
I have the bassani cats with FR500 mufflers and they pass easily.

DSC_1077.jpg

By the way that ford dealership in North Springs Sucks !!
I use team ford on cobb pkwy they have a dyno and treat customers very well.

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
You've got Kurgan Motorsports in Braselton across the street from Road Atlanta. Both are excellent and both are 40 miles from you. Just in different directions. Your call.

thanks for the mention.. we are actually located behind Road Atlanta... feel free to google us for more info

jjscobra18

Established Member
If you are wanting a o/r mid then just get some mil eliminators, I was able to pass for a few years with an o/r x-pipe on my GT. It all depends on how lazy the emissions tester is if they actually look under the car most of the time they just look for the cel. I finally got asked if it had the cats on it the very last emissions test i got done on it (I did not have a stock midpipe to get it to pass so i had to get it to pass a different way). Now that i have a stock midpipe pipe for my cobra i just drop the o/r come emissions time and put the stock back on. If you do not want to go through that then go for a less restrictive aftermarket cat. Also you may luck up and fine someone around here on the site locally that would not mind doing it for you might come out a little cheaper.

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
Kurgan is pretty close to you. You CAN pass with an O/R midpipe so long as they forget to do the visual inspection for the cats.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Kurgan is pretty close to you. You CAN pass with an O/R midpipe so long as they forget to do the visual inspection for the cats.

Thats a pretty big "if" cause they always check mine.

Last edited:

04RiceEater

Established Member
hmmm its so much cheaper for a O/R midpipe and the sound is soooo good. Also my emission test is not for a whole year. I might do the O/R option.

Users who are viewing this thread