Picked up a 2012

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
Finally came together. Picked up my Kona Blue 2012 GT500 with SVTPP. Just about 5000 mi. Still has remaining factory warranty.

Everything seems to check out very good.

I had a 2003 DSG Cobra (500rwhp) for about 8 yrs and loved that car. This 2012 seems to ride pretty smooth and feels like the performance isn't too bad. Shifting is smooth as glass with factory shifter -- I thought it would be garbage compared to what I read.

Don't know if I should modify any part of it -- CAI, Cat back, Watts link or any other items....

But from this experience of wealth here on SVTP, I would like to hear some input.... bring it on please!

TIA

Gearheadfmc

YELL03

Established Member
Congrats!

I am waiting on serious mods until I get used to mine, I've had it 2 months.

So far a FRPP resonator delete and Airaid non-oiled Blue filter were practical 1st mods for slightly over $100. It already has a CAI stock so why change it unless you are making serious power.

I like the sound of the stock exhaust, but I keep thinking about a Roush axleback which I've had on both my previous Coyote 5.0s.
I just don't want to mask the supercharger sound.

Better tires are a must even with the stock power, I am still waiting on them until the winter.

The big decision is do I go for a tune, pulley and tune, or 2.3 TVS in the future?

DKRIPLEAN

Established Member
And once it hits its infectious! I tried doing just one mod and it turned into many. Its fun though. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread