Picked up my new 2013 Focus ST

SVT Rob

Established Member
Yesterday morning, I picked up my new 2013 Focus ST. She's clothed in Tuxedo Black, has the ST2 package, moon roof, and navigation. It rained all morning, so she needs another bath already. Might be able to get it washed again today, and some pictures out in the sun, if it ever comes back out.

2013-07-06_12-00-11_660_zpsf596b408.jpg

2013-07-06_12-00-32_37_zpscfbbb4c6.jpg

2013-07-06_12-00-42_507_zps4143212d.jpg

2013-07-06_12-00-53_116_zps351dac92.jpg

2013-07-06_12-01-04_174_zps4b4f8f63.jpg

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I'm 6'4 255 and I fit. The Recaro's are a little snug but its more incentive for me to lose some weight.

Do you think, with some time, they will 'break-in' a bit?

What I mean is when I bought all 3 of my Vipers new ('06 and two '08's), the seats were snug. After a while it seemed as if the side bolsters kind of opened up some and the seats were more comfortable.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Do you think, with some time, they will 'break-in' a bit?

What I mean is when I bought all 3 of my Vipers new ('06 and two '08's), the seats were snug. After a while it seemed as if the side bolsters kind of opened up some and the seats were more comfortable.

I believe they will. The cloth in the ST2 package is much more comfortable than the leather in the ST3.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I believe they will. The cloth in the ST2 package is much more comfortable than the leather in the ST3.

I believe that. Only thing is I must have HID's.

To be honest this is what I really dislike about this car. IMO you should be able to get every option available individually, as I have no need to Nav, Sync, or the touchscreen.

Give me an ST with HID's, Recaros(Cloth Inserts), and a decent stereo and there's the DD I want. All Season Tires would be a nice option too as I don't plan on tracking the car ever.

BMR Tech

Nice car! What are these selling for?

Agree on the HID.

My '04 SVT-Focus came standard with HID. I wonder why these don't?

SVT Rob

Established Member
I believe that. Only thing is I must have HID's.

To be honest this is what I really dislike about this car. IMO you should be able to get every option available individually, as I have no need to Nav, Sync, or the touchscreen.

Give me an ST with HID's, Recaros(Cloth Inserts), and a decent stereo and there's the DD I want. All Season Tires would be a nice option too as I don't plan on tracking the car ever.
I actually didn't care for the HID's, because of how the housing looked. I prefer the black surround, it blends with the car better. As far as that goes, there is plenty of light with standard headlights, and if I want more, I'll toss in some Silverstar's or something. My only requirements were the ST2 partial leather Recaro's and Moon roof. Navigation wasn't mandatory, but I didn't turn it down.
Nice Looking car OP!:beer:
Thanks!
Nice car! What are these selling for?

Agree on the HID.

My '04 SVT-Focus came standard with HID. I wonder why these don't?
I got this one for $24,486. HID's are on the ST3 package, but you can't just get HID's by themselves. The ST3 also comes with the MyColor ambient lighting, and a few other things that the ST2 package doesn't come with. The ST2 does have ambient lighting, but that wasn't a pre-requisite either. I would have preferred to get one in Performance Blue, but I couldn't pass up the price on this one.
202 miles till empty on a full tank? Someone has been having some fun
Hah, it hadn't calibrated yet. It's showing 178 to E right now, and I've got just over 60 miles on the tank. I had a couple of highway sections Saturday when I got it, otherwise it's all been around town driving. But yes, I'm playing in it. Only showing 20.6mpg at the moment, lots of people want to go for rides to see what it can do.

I printed out the TSB info today, going to call the dealership and see if they have the parts to get it taken care of.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Awesome. Thats really not a bad deal, considering what you get.

How is the aftermarket for these? Are they getting popular, in terms of "performance"?

How much power can those engines handle?

SVT Rob

Established Member
Awesome. Thats really not a bad deal, considering what you get.

How is the aftermarket for these? Are they getting popular, in terms of "performance"?

How much power can those engines handle?

There's actually quite a bit of aftermarket support already. They are really impressive right out of the box, and apparently it only gets better. 252hp/270tq is factory rating at the flywheel, they are dynoing around 230hp/255tq at the wheels, and with a tune, you can see 250+hp/300+tq at the wheels.

As far as power, Unleashed Tuning has hit 313whp/355wtq with a tune and IC upgrade.

Rob

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
The more I see and hear from owners about this car, the more I'm leaning towards picking one up.

Even with the things I don't care for it looks to be a great DD.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I love mine, you should definitely go test drive one and see what you think. Check out the differences between the ST3 with HID's and ST2 without, you may find that you don't need the HID's.

I'm playing a game with it, try to not make the boost needle move. It's more difficult than you'd think :lol:

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Glad you're enjoying yours. I'm loving mine so far but trying to at least break it in some before I start to put on all the aftermarket parts I bought

SVT Rob

Established Member
Glad you're enjoying yours. I'm loving mine so far but trying to at least break it in some before I start to put on all the aftermarket parts I bought

What all did you get? My wife told me I'm not allowed to mod it at all, I have to save my money for my fox body. But I'll probably do a few things. I'm wanting to do the Cobb shifter base, upgraded sway bars, and the Snow meth injection kit.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread