Picked up my new 2013 Focus ST

SVT Rob

Established Member
Got the windows tinted today, then gave her her second bath in the week I've had it. Might be a little OCD about keeping it clean.

2013-07-13_18-44-49_493_zps5137873c.jpg

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Good looking ST, I just picked up an ST2 as well...I paid $25k out the door. First dealer wouldn't take my offer, 2nd dealer did.

I love mine! Wish I had the HIDs though..

Jryan3

Established Member
Do you think, with some time, they will 'break-in' a bit?

What I mean is when I bought all 3 of my Vipers new ('06 and two '08's), the seats were snug. After a while it seemed as if the side bolsters kind of opened up some and the seats were more comfortable.

To answer your question, yes they do "break in".. I am 6'1" 255, and they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I have a '13 ST3 and they were a bit snug at first, but after 8 mos and 7k miles they now fit like a glove. This is the most enjoyable and fun car that I have ever owned, and is a great balance between performance and economy.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Good looking ST, I just picked up an ST2 as well...I paid $25k out the door. First dealer wouldn't take my offer, 2nd dealer did.

I love mine! Wish I had the HIDs though..
Nice!! I'm happy without the HID's. They aren't as bad as they initially looked, but I don't care for the bug-eye look. And I wanted the partial leather recaros, not the full leather.
To answer your question, yes they do "break in".. I am 6'1" 255, and they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I have a '13 ST3 and they were a bit snug at first, but after 8 mos and 7k miles they now fit like a glove. This is the most enjoyable and fun car that I have ever owned, and is a great balance between performance and economy.

Good to know they'll break in a bit. Figured they would, but it's always nice to have someone confirm it :rockon: I'm up to 1300 miles already.

TRBO VNM

Good looking car. I was considering the TB and really like the metallic in it, but knew it would still require a lot of cleaning.

Loving mine so far as well. Just did my first autox yesterday and had a great time. Amazing how these cars handle from the factory. I need to get on a dyno for a base run and then throw on my mods.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Good looking car. I was considering the TB and really like the metallic in it, but knew it would still require a lot of cleaning.

Loving mine so far as well. Just did my first autox yesterday and had a great time. Amazing how these cars handle from the factory. I need to get on a dyno for a base run and then throw on my mods.

Autocross huh? How many miles on your car before you did that?

I'm trying to link up with my local tuner to get a base run done on mine as well, but I'm think maybe I should get some more miles on her...

TRBO VNM

Autocross huh? How many miles on your car before you did that?

I'm trying to link up with my local tuner to get a base run done on mine as well, but I'm think maybe I should get some more miles on her...

Have about 2300 on it now. Getting the TSB done tomorrow and looking forward to how the car responds after that. And the nice thing for autox, since this is a TSB, changing the mounts does not affect the class you run. Now if only ford put out a TSB for a larger intercooler, intake setup and larger turbo, that would be perfect.

Jon96cobra

Established Member
SVT Rob looks great with the tint. Wax your wheels will help with the brake dust. I got mine in Dec 2012 and I wasn't able to wash it as often as I like now I'm dealing with some brake dust in the clear on the wheels.

There is a TSB for the motor mounts 13-6-07 and one for the Instrument panel cluster in the gauges 13-6-27 for cars build before 2-6-13. The one for the IPC is for delay while booting at startup. Also fixes the boot screen to show ST during boot and a quad display screen with dte, mpg, trip and timer.

SVT Rob

Established Member
SVT Rob looks great with the tint. Wax your wheels will help with the brake dust. I got mine in Dec 2012 and I wasn't able to wash it as often as I like now I'm dealing with some brake dust in the clear on the wheels.

There is a TSB for the motor mounts 13-6-07 and one for the Instrument panel cluster in the gauges 13-6-27 for cars build before 2-6-13. The one for the IPC is for delay while booting at startup. Also fixes the boot screen to show ST during boot and a quad display screen with dte, mpg, trip and timer.

My dealer is ordering the parts for the RMM TSB. I hadn't been able to find any info on the other one, I'll most likely have them do that at the same time. Mine was built 8/20/12, but I haven't had any issues with the displays. I do like the ST logo instead of FORD :p

Thanks for the tip on the wheels, there is a lot of brake dust on with the stock pads, and they get dirty quick.

Rob

SVT Rob

Established Member
Installed the amp/sub I pulled from my Cobra when I sold it. This thing makes a helluva racket. Still need some fine tuning, 40% volume makes my ears hurt.

2013-07-22_16-16-06_745_zpsbb0cea66.gif

TRBO VNM

I know eventually I want to add a sub, but I have the totally badass ST1 stereo.

That and the no power driver seat I think are my biggest/only complaints.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I know eventually I want to add a sub, but I have the totally badass ST1 stereo.

That and the no power driver seat I think are my biggest/only complaints.

Being 6'4, I actually like the non-power driver seat. It lowers down further than the power seat does, giving me more headroom. My test drive was in an ST3, and there were a few things that bothered me about it.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Being 6'4, I actually like the non-power driver seat. It lowers down further than the power seat does, giving me more headroom. My test drive was in an ST3, and there were a few things that bothered me about it.

The e-brake in the ST3 is pretty funky as well...felt weak to me...ST2 e-brake is more traditional feeling.

SVT Rob

Established Member
you should have bought it and then we could have switched seats. :D
:no: I wanted the partial leather Recaro's in the ST2. So that's what I bought :p
Race version ST1 FTW

I actually find the ST1 seats to be more comfortable.
You know, I haven't sat in an ST1, but they are the same seats as the Titanium, right?
The e-brake in the ST3 is pretty funky as well...felt weak to me...ST2 e-brake is more traditional feeling.

I didn't really notice too much of a difference in that. Compared to my fox body, though, this e-brake is insane. 3 clicks and that's it.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Sorry to dig up an old thread but today I finally went and checked out an ST2.

I did fit pretty well in the Recaro's. Took it for a short spin and seems like a really nice DD.

The car I actually want is in NJ (I was at my local dealer in PA), which they could go get for me IF we could have made the deal. The car I want is a 2013 ST3 and has an MSRP of 29,825. They offered the car for 25,600. Not bad, but I think they can do a little better AND they didn't want to give me enough for my '04 CTS-V (38,500 miles) on trade.

So we were still about 3K apart.

Maybe make the trip to NJ on Labor Day and see what happens?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

25.6 is a hell of a deal for a ST3. Hell, ST1's sticker is $24.9 at my local dealer with the $800 delivery fee. If I could have found one for that I would have found the extra money. That is over 4k off sticker. I doubt you find it cheaper, but good luck and I hope you do. If it has been sitting on the lot a while or they just need to get rid of the 13's, then maybe they will come down a little more, but that is a screaming deal IMO from my research

SVT Rob

Established Member
Sorry to dig up an old thread but today I finally went and checked out an ST2.

I did fit pretty well in the Recaro's. Took it for a short spin and seems like a really nice DD.

The car I actually want is in NJ (I was at my local dealer in PA), which they could go get for me IF we could have made the deal. The car I want is a 2013 ST3 and has an MSRP of 29,825. They offered the car for 25,600. Not bad, but I think they can do a little better AND they didn't want to give me enough for my '04 CTS-V (38,500 miles) on trade.

So we were still about 3K apart.

Maybe make the trip to NJ on Labor Day and see what happens?

That's a great deal on an ST3!! I'd see if you can work with them on the trade-in price, they're going to be wanting to move the '13s out. The dealership I bought mine from called me back in about a week, and offered more on my trade, on top of taking more off the price of the car. I ended up getting my ST2 at $23,986. MSRP on it was $28,590.

Users who are viewing this thread