Picking up a DD

20redfire03

Established Member
Picking up a DD soon, next few days I hope, as I start a new job on Tuesday and my commute is going from 20 miles round trip to 80-90 miles and I dont want to put those miles on my mustang. Currently, I am between a 05 Focus ZX4 SES w/ 113k for $6000 or a 96 Civic with 138k for $5000. These are at a dealer and I'm sure if i offer cash the price would come done for either. Given a choice what would you pick?

werstlna

Established Member
Neither, for that kind of cash you can get a newer or lower mile or better maintained car from a private party. Figure the dealer is marking those cars up at least $1,500 more than what you could buy from a private party. Plus, don't make a hasty decision especially if you have another ride in the mean time. Don't rush into a bad decision.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
You should def get on craigslist or somewhere, and find some private sellers much much cheaper ( I'm always on craigslist you'll be surprised, it be some pretty good deals on there).

Stang Lover

Established Member
You should def get on craigslist or somewhere, and find some private sellers much much cheaper ( I'm always on craigslist you'll be surprised, it be some pretty good deals on there).

This. There are deals out there just have to look. I did a quick search in your state and found a few 03-07 honda civic/accord for 4-7K with roughly same miles.

20redfire03

Established Member
Yeah Im hitting up craigslist to see what i can find. These cars were just local is only reason Im interested.

Users who are viewing this thread