Pickup Test: Heavy Duty vs Heavy Duty

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I'm sure this will insight a mud slinging war on here, but the videos are well produced and entertaining. Remember, this was done by a manufacturer, the same as what Ford did some time back, so keep that in mind.

Pt1
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGFh1qbrFo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chevy Silverado HD | Head-To-Head Introduction[/nomedia]

Pt2
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EG7wc_-X0E&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chevy Silverado 2500 HD | Head to Head Acceleration Test #1 | Chevrolet[/nomedia]

Pt3
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6I8g0XXfDM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chevy Silverado 2500 HD | Head to Head Frame Strength Test #1: Bumper Sag | Chevrolet[/nomedia]

Pt4
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah65OKoXZt4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chevy Silverado HD | Head to Head Frame Strength Test #2: Twist Ditch | Chevrolet[/nomedia]

Pt5
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xprl49nhcRg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chevy Silverado HD | Head to Head Passing Test | Chevrolet[/nomedia]

Pt6
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xprl49nhcRg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chevy Silverado HD | Head to Head Passing Test | Chevrolet[/nomedia]

Pt7
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzOQOurM0eU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chevy Silverado 3500 HD | Head to Head Braking Test #2: Exhaust Brake | Chevrolet[/nomedia]

Ronin5.O

Established Member
The bumper sag test is a load of shit. If you watch them load the Chevy they put it in the center of the bed, squared up over the axle. When they loaded it up in the Ford it was placed about 1.5 feet further back. Also, Chevy trucks sit much lower in the front, so if you put a weight in the bed, it'll look level. On a Ford since it sits flat with no rake obviously the nose is gonna look like its higher in the air.

Why didnt they do a ground clearance test? Oh, thats right, if you've ever seen a Chevy truck offroad they're all lifted, because without a lift kit they drag the frame even when climbing over a curb since it hangs down a full 8 inches below the cab.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Still have 48% of first time buyers never returning after there first chebby. I'll stick to the big blue oval thanks though!! Oh and for you owners out there saying bull, I sat in front of a few GM big wigs at a dinner with my girl a month ago and got to see them discuss this with everyone there. Wish I would have thought to record it, but it made my Ford nuts swing...They even put the ole blue oval up on the screen and said they need to do a better job and give the dealers a better product like Ford has been doing.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
hate to say it, but the silverado is absolutely the best HD out right now. it wins everywhere except interior.

having said that, compare the worst current HD to the best HD from 5 years ago and it's just an absolute joke. these trucks have evolved so quick, that the "best" one is largely irrelevant. any of the 3 is WAY more than enough to get the job done, and in luxury too.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
BTW, these videos are a ****ing joke. they don't give us ANY specs on the way these trucks are equipped, and some "independent certification" is laughable when the ones making the video are also the ones writing the pay check.
and mike rowe is a WAY better spokes person than howe long, LOL.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
BTW, these videos are a ****ing joke. they don't give us ANY specs on the way these trucks are equipped, and some "independent certification" is laughable when the ones making the video are also the ones writing the pay check.
and mike rowe is a WAY better spokes person than howe long, LOL.

Like I said above, this isn't any different than the b.s videos Ford put out a while back (which everyone on the blue oval side is so quick to link to when someone starts a thread asking which truck is better) showing how much better their trucks are than everyone else. Nothing more than an advertisement.

Oh, Howie, is soooooo much better than that turd Rowe!

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
You would have to be crazy to believe everything you see in those videos, from any manufacture for that matter. Go drive one for yourself. Howie is such a d-bag. It's easy to pour money into R&D when you have an endless amount of cash-just my .02.

Last edited:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i can't take the results of these tests seriously since they were performed by chevy.

Not even gonna watch.

Ford > Chebby > Dodge

/thread

don't be close minded. don't you want the best regardless of brand? not to mention that when you're laying out 50-60 grand for a truck, i think a little research would be a wise thing to consider. now, if it were a toyota or a nissan, that's a different story. but since they don't even bother to make hd models, it's irrelevant.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Like I said above, this isn't any different than the b.s videos Ford put out a while back (which everyone on the blue oval side is so quick to link to when someone starts a thread asking which truck is better) showing how much better their trucks are than everyone else. Nothing more than an advertisement.

Oh, Howie, is soooooo much better than that turd Rowe!
??? i didn't say it wasn't any different. but when someone(not you) says you should watch these for proof that GM built an awesome truck, something needs to be said.

oh god dude, you weren't actually able to sit all the way through those videos were you??? howie's "acting" was one of the most painful things i've actually seen! good go man "OMG did you see the ford sag??? holy shit dude, i NEVER expected that! ever!!! even being a chevy spokesperson doing the narration on a chevy comparison video shoot, OMG that's unbelievable!!!" alright, so i exaggerated a little:D

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
oh god dude, you weren't actually able to sit all the way through those videos were you??? howie's "acting" was one of the most painful things i've actually seen! good go man "OMG did you see the ford sag??? holy shit dude, i NEVER expected that! ever!!! even being a chevy spokesperson doing the narration on a chevy comparison video shoot, OMG that's unbelievable!!!" alright, so i exaggerated a little:D

His performances in Firestorm and Broken Arrow made me a huge fan!

bright blue

Established Member
Show me a fair comparison and I'll watch (with an open mind). I'll bet money that if you watched a Ford infomercial like this, the Ford would out preform the Chevy.

The bumper sag test, as said before was set up. If you look closely at the Ford, it is loaded with the pallet almost at the very edge of the bed.

Coiled03

Established Member
i can't take the results of these tests seriously since they were performed by chevy.

don't be close minded. don't you want the best regardless of brand? not to mention that when you're laying out 50-60 grand for a truck, i think a little research would be a wise thing to consider. now, if it were a toyota or a nissan, that's a different story. but since they don't even bother to make hd models, it's irrelevant.

I don't consider it closed minded to not listen to obviously biased propoganda when doing research. I do want the best, regardless of brand, and 34 straight years of being the #1 selling truck tells me Ford is still the best.

EDIT: Gawd damnit, I forgot we're talking about the HDs only. Still, videos like this that are created by manufacturers aren't worth dick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread