Pics of my day at Watkins Glen

ecoastkid

Established Member
Cliffs
3 30 min sessions
133 MPH achevied on the back straight
125+ on the front
Graduated from the PDA Green group to the white group (I'll be allowed out solo now) after my second event
EVERYONE was amazed at the performance of the truck. I was approx the 4th fastest in my group of about 20
While in the classroom session, one student said "Please dont pass me, I dont want to have to go home and tell my family I was passed by a truck" (I passed him...twice)
The main instructor had his student wave me by early in a turn (not allowed to have passing in the corners) just so he could hear my truck scream by...lol

Check out this sequence of me blowing by an E46 M3...(One of two that I passed)
DSCF0888.jpg

DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0890.jpg

Some pics of me in the heel of the boot (I think..lol)
DSCF0913.jpg

DSCF0906.jpg

DSCF0907.jpg

I was told they could hear my truck anywhere on the track...as soon as I came out of the corner and was on it, they would hear it scream. Of course I had to endure a few negative comments early on in the day, but they were TOTALLY silenced...hehe...I love our lightnings!!!

I had to throw in this awesome pic of my buddys trans am that we took while we were driving home last night...:D
DSCF1078.jpg

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Awesome! Looks like you had some fun and made a few more believers LOL

If you guys are looking for more track days go to www.motorsportreg.com and sign up. It will give you all the track event days within whatever radius of where you live that you want and tell you what club it is with. From there you can contact the clubs to make sure they allow trucks. If they do you can sign up for their track event through that website with a credit card (I don't remember if it's paypal or not).

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
.......From there you can contact the clubs to make sure they allow trucks. If they do you can sign up ........

LOL, very few clubs have banned the Lightnings, unless of course they had a select few of our brothers on track harassing the Porsches' or BMWs'......you may know who I am refering to......

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
LOL, very few clubs have banned the Lightnings, unless of course they had a select few of our brothers on track harassing the Porsches' or BMWs'......you may know who I am refering to......

I know the Lotus club won't let me run with them for fear of monster trucking over their puny cars:lol:

Oh and there is a club out of Detroit called 3ballsracing that wouldn't let me out with them either because they said their track insurance wouldn't cover a truck:rolleyes:

EDIT: And yes I know who are you referring to:thumbsup:

ecoastkid

Established Member

I'm happy to report that NO German cars (both Porsche or BMW's were faster then me in my group..:)) Ironically enough, two of the three bmw's that I was passing just about killed themselves trying to prevent me from passing them..:-D...Everyone else just quickly pointed me by :)

ecoastkid

Established Member
Looks like tons of fun, what mods have you done if any for road racing?

TCS Stage 1 front brakes w/ Wilwood polymatrix B pads
Stock brakes in back with hawk pads
ATS Super Blue brake fluid
Hotchkis TVS, no isolators
Energy suspension bushings everywhere I could
QA1 single adustables 10 in front 4 in back
Shock extenders
JLP 54" long bars
Eaton TruTrac
LFP steering stabilizer (bump steer kit???...I forget what they are called)
Nitto 555's starting with 33 psi in the front and 32 in the rear
(With 36f and 34r, it had a slight push)

Fully built motor
10# Ring
Steig blower, tb, and intake
ported heads
crower cams
full exhaust
LFP Dual pass heat exchanger

I dunno the power numbers with this new combo, but I ran 12.1 @ 113 so with my weight, I'd imagine its around 500/550...I'll know for sure in two weeks at my buddys dyno day.

Last edited:

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
Awesome. Glad to see you blowing by all the euro cars with "superior handling".

The Hotchkis TVS seems to be the way to go to get handling out of these things.

Notrace81

Banned
Sounds like a MONSTER i see you got the braking and suspension down packed, which is key for a road course... Very nice man!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Looks like a damn good time. Sometimes I wish I made my truck more for the 1% club.

Not very often............but I do think about it.

ecoastkid

Established Member
Awesome. Glad to see you blowing by all the euro cars with "superior handling".

The Hotchkis TVS seems to be the way to go to get handling out of these things.

:D...I'm VERY happy with the TVS system.

Looks like a damn good time. Sometimes I wish I made my truck more for the 1% club.

Not very often............but I do think about it.

I dont build my truck for just the 1% club...:-D...I build it to Road race, Auto-x, and Drag race.

When I drag race, I removed the front sway bar, change the settings on the Qa1, bolt on the slicks, and (after this winter) flip on the nitrous...I'm looking for 10.99's in the spring!

I'd love to bolt on a 3.4, but then it would be way way too much power for the road course or auto-x..lol

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
You could both auto-x and road race with a 3.4. Just take the timing down a ton. Plus that helps alleviate the overheating problems you may run into on the open-track course.

Users who are viewing this thread