Pics of my Mecca Tune HID install.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
What bulbs do the mustangs take? My gtp takes a 9007 and is a hi/low. Most guys bought catz HID kits for $500 + right before they had to discontinue them:bash: these look great though, is that company going to make a high/low beam or just lows? My gtp lights suck, kinda like running your stangs with JUST the fog lights, lol:D

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by ramairfreak98ss
What bulbs do the mustangs take? My gtp takes a 9007 and is a hi/low. Most guys bought catz HID kits for $500 + right before they had to discontinue them:bash: these look great though, is that company going to make a high/low beam or just lows? My gtp lights suck, kinda like running your stangs with JUST the fog lights, lol:D

Current Mustangs use 9007 bulbs as well. And yes, Henry makes dual beam kits but only for H3/H4 bulbs.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by CANiHaveGasCash
those look great. how hard were they to install? put me on the list for the next Group Buy

Simple Plug & Play install. You can do it in 15-30 minutes if you want. But if you're anal (like me) it'll take you 2 hours.

2JZFAN

Established Member
I'll host the video bro email it to me at [email protected]

As for the High/Low 9007 Hids.. my buddy makes them who sent me my bulbs. Full use of your 9007 Dual Filament bulbs.. I'll get word back from him on them.

bulbs_4.jpg

bulbs_1.jpg

bulbs_3.jpg

Just so you guys know, they are just 5w over stock high and low.. so No issues like the other bulbs.. they are the best improvement I've seen over stock yet.. Plus I like em cause they're not to blue or white..

:beer:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by 2JZFAN
I'll host the video bro email it to me at [email protected]

As for the High/Low 9007 Hids.. my buddy makes them who sent me my bulbs. Full use of your 9007 Dual Filament bulbs.. I'll get word back from him on them.

bulbs_4.jpg

Just so you guys know, they are just 5w over stock high and low.. so No issues like the other bulbs.. they are the best improvement I've seen over stock yet.. Plus I like em cause they're not to blue or white..

:beer:

Thanks. Video is on its way.

By the way, that bulb doesn't look like an HID bulb. It's got filaments, HID bulbs don't.

Let me know about the dual beam bulb when you hear back from your buddy. I'd definately be interested if in fact it is a dual beam HID bulb, which the one in the picture doesn't seem to be.

hotrod93

Established Member
That is correct. An HID bulb does not have any filaments. I have done a little bit of research on HID stuff and ran across this if you guys want to go with HID and still keep your high beam function. They also have some pretty neat options with the ballasts. These kits are not as cheap as some of the other ones out there though.

http://www.hidkits.com/whats_new.htm

They seem to have some really good info about how HID works and what to look for when buying an aftermarket HID setup.:thumbsup:

2JZFAN

Established Member
lol I know guys, when I said bulbs I thought everyone would know I was talking about normal 9007 bulbs.. not HID bulbs. After reading back I realized this.. lol but yeah I'll let ya know. I'll put up the video as soon as I get it.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Hey Intimidator I got my 2nd ballast, and it went dead after a few days of use. Thank god Henry is kinda close by, I might just go there in person so I can see if the new ballast works on site instead of going through UPS all the time.

seunglee

Established Member
Hey intimidator, I am still waiting to get my HIDs that I bought on may 2nd. I know you said that the shipping date is expected to be on may 7th, but I stil dont even know if you guy shipped it. I ordered them throught my roomates paypal account and the email address is [email protected]. Can you please send me some info about when they will be shipped/ receieved or a tracking number? Thanks, I just can't wait till I get them.
Seung

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator
This could be your car when the next group purchase rolls around:

1hidconv-med.jpg

Same year and color as yours!

Edit: Actually, that's a 95 Cobra, not 96.

Hey,

That's my car ;)

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
Originally posted by seunglee
Hey intimidator, I am still waiting to get my HIDs that I bought on may 2nd. I know you said that the shipping date is expected to be on may 7th, but I stil dont even know if you guy shipped it. I ordered them throught my roomates paypal account and the email address is [email protected]. Can you please send me some info about when they will be shipped/ receieved or a tracking number? Thanks, I just can't wait till I get them.
Seung

was the address you asked that it be shipped to different than the address on the credit card on ur friend's paypal account?

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by seunglee
Seung

I'll email Henry. But, if you ordered it through your friend, the kit is going to get sent to the address that is on your friends PayPal account.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
Hey Intimidator I got my 2nd ballast, and it went dead after a few days of use. Thank god Henry is kinda close by, I might just go there in person so I can see if the new ballast works on site instead of going through UPS all the time.

Damn dude. Sorry you're having such a hard time. You sure it's not a cable coming loose or something of that nature?

Anyway, yeah, if you can swing by Henrys place I would do the same thing.

Let me know how it goes.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Yeah, I checked all the cables. Even went through the trouble of trying out the other ballasts cables, the light just flickered. I sent mine back today, hopefully, I'll get the *new* one by tomorrow or wednesday. Just hope this one lasts longer. You think there is something else that can be causing the ballasts to fail??

Users who are viewing this thread