Pics of Shifter ring in 03 Cobra

Mowgli

Established Member
Anyone have pics of the "Bullet" type shifter ring actually in their Cobra?

Can you post the pics if so? I'm still waffling on ordering one.

Also, did you get the KarKraft piece or the one from Billetware (I know other "knockoffs" exist, but KarKraft is the Ford supplier for the original(?), and Billetware is real aluminum, so they are the only two I'm considering).

Also, who did you order from? All the vendors I've looked at don't have overnight shipping. All ship by ground. I've had REALLY bad luck with ground shipping and never use it anymore, so I will pay more for a vendor that can Fed Ex or UPS the order.

P.S. I know about the other shifter ring thread.

Thanks in advance.

:beer:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Do not waffle - breakfast is over! I have this in my car, and believe me, it looks great! I also did some of the satin MGW stuff, which really "lightens" up the drab interior without the showy chrome look. Sorry, no pics.

BTW, MGW has a cool thing that attaches to the wiper stalk - it looks really good! And I sprung for the tilt wheel billet stalk as well. So that is in addition to the Cobra shift and A/C knobs.

Mowgli

Established Member
Arrg, I really want to see your interior then. Did you get the Billet stuff or the Karcraft ring or something else?

If you can't post pics, just PM me, andI'll give you my email so you can email me. I'd love to see how it looks.

Did you order direct from MGW?

Mowgli

Established Member
Naughty Cobra'03.

Thats not in an 03 Cobra. :p Go off to the punishment room where Frau Bissena will see to you.

I want to see how it looks against our monotone grey everything.

MinGrey03

Established Member
I haven't had time to fasten it down, but I just ran out and set it in place for you so you could get an idea of what it looks like.
So far I have UPR's Shifter Ring, A/C Knobs, Tilt Wheel Lever, Turn Signal Knob Cover, Window Switches and E-Brake Handle.
I dealt with Tim at UPR, he was a great help and I am going to order UPR's Venom Kit next month and have them install it.

Last edited:

Bry 03 Cobra

Established Member
Jimmy V has the Ford Bullitt ring, looks nice. Really goes with the car, matches the pedals and shifter knob perfectly. Maybe he has a pic...

Mowgli

Established Member
Thanks for the quick pics MinGrey03.

As for attaching it, I heard it just snaps into place, is that true?

Do you know if UPR ships anything other than ground?

Anyhow, looks good.

BTW Are you planning on getting the window controls in billet also?

MinGrey03

Established Member
The ring fastens in with screws provided, it doesn't just snap in.
I already have the Window Switches, they look sweet....I will post a picture of them later.
I had UPR ship my stuff UPS 3 Day, so I assume they offer other methods as well.
I am saving for the Venom Kit now.
FYI: I think the Ford Bullitt Ring snaps in, but it is also is made of plastic I think, maybe someone else can verify this. The UPR ring is Billet Aluminum.

Last edited:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Mowgli
Naughty Cobra'03.

Thats not in an 03 Cobra. :p Go off to the punishment room where Frau Bissena will see to you.

I want to see how it looks against our monotone grey everything.
Man, Mowgli, you sure are picky considering I have not received my annual retainer to service your account!

Last edited:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Mineral grey 03 just for the record next time you order from UPR and I assume from your sig that you are in Gainesville Fl. just so ya know its a 1 day ship from UPR to G-ville via ground. Just thought you might be interested in saving a buck or 2:beer:But if its not florida my apologies

Last edited:

MinGrey03

Established Member
Your absolutely right, and whats better is UPR told me that!
I had no idea till he told me. I would have just paid for 3 Day.....pretty kewl of them I thought.

Gatorac

Established Member
attachment.php

These are pretty cool. Are the remote mirror buttons done too?

I think the 03 should have came with some aluminum dash trim from the factory. This interior should be more classy like the T-bird. IMHO.

MS KWIK

Established Member
Here is a pic of my Bullitt bezel and MGW knob, however the damn camera didn't focus too well so you can't see the snake on the knob. I love my interior with the MGW goodies!

MGWknob.JPG

Shelley

Mowgli

Established Member
and now for some more questions...

Thanks for the pic!

I was planning on the shifter ring and the lightswitch, but worried the billit climate controls would disrupt the visual flow of the top of the dash. They look nice though. They don't "pop out at you" as much as I was worried they'd do.

On the window kit: are those hard to install? I was looking over my window controls and can't figure out how they come off unless they just pop off. Do you get both doors with one kit, or do you need to buy two kits for both doors?

03BlackMamba

Established Member
I have to AGREE..... The interior needs some dress up..... I have put a little color inside my '03 Black Mamba coupe -- my very own Cobra -- jersey that is..... It is a goalkeepers jersey with a BIG Cobra on the front.....COOL. I found it in my son's Eurosport catalog "www.soccer.com" -- under Goalkeeping Jerseys.... It is Black/Yellow/Lime green. The Sondico Cobra Goalkeeper Jesey costs $49.99 though...... Now I never ride alone..... PS..Son plays NCAA Division I as a center defender & regular starter.....

Users who are viewing this thread