Pics of Shifter ring in 03 Cobra

Mowgli

Established Member
You lost me. Are you saying you put a soccer shirt over one of the seats? Please elaborate. Any pics?

03BlackMamba

Established Member
No Pics.....but there is a picture of the jersey in the catalog.... Yes, I lay it over the center of the back seats tucked in at the top where the backseats open. I have put it across the pass. seat back also.... Just a little more COBRA to Ride-With-Pride.......

ZXnVS

Established Member
Re: and now for some more questions...

Originally posted by Mowgli
On the window kit: are those hard to install? I was looking over my window controls and can't figure out how they come off unless they just pop off. Do you get both doors with one kit, or do you need to buy two kits for both doors?

Not at all, installation is very quick and easy. The kit comes with all the buttons for both doors, including the mirror controls (for the price, it should). Use a screwdriver (covered in a cotton rag or t-shirt, of course) and just pop the cheesy plastic switch covers off, and press the new ones in place.

03BlackMamba

Established Member
Hey....Thanks for the insight. I was just looking at the Billetwarez UPR Products add on page 35 in the MM&FF issue I received this week. And, hey -- get some programming done...... When you come west of the Cascades look me up. I would love to see your Cobra....
In Washington WE RIDE WITH PRIDE..........

Mowgli

Established Member
Do the billit pieces get really hot in the sun? I had an aluminum shift knob in my last car and it was brutal in the summer. If it had a logo, I woulda had a brand on my palm.

ZXnVS

Established Member
I'm lucky enough to have a beater for daily driving and the Cobra just for fun, so it doesn't get left out in the sun very often. I'm sure the aluminum switches would get pretty warm in the sun, but you usually only have to hit them briefly, and at least they're reflecting a lot of the sun instead of absorbing it like black plastic. I haven't had a problem yet.

Users who are viewing this thread