Pics/Video of MGW shifter for 2007 - 2011 GT500!!!

BigDan

Established Member
Will my factory 2011 shifter ball work and line up correctly on your shifter?

I'm hoping this will reduce my 1-2 grind :D

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Will my factory 2011 shifter ball work and line up correctly on your shifter?

I'm hoping this will reduce my 1-2 grind :D

should work fine you may have to use some loctite for it to line up right or just tap it a partial turn. but it will fit.

BUT....

this shifter will not make a grinding tranny stop grinding ...that is a 2nd gear synchro issue. many many many people have this issues on the new tr6060 trannies in the mustang viper and corvette world!!

george

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I ordered mine and was told it shipped today, even got a tracking number but I called a few days ago and was put on the list. I was told it was the black know with the Rally stripe in white. I hope that's not the ball but hey I guess I can always use the stock one. Would love to have black with the white cobra on the side like the black and gray one they advertise:banana:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I ordered mine and was told it shipped today, even got a tracking number but I called a few days ago and was put on the list. I was told it was the black know with the Rally stripe in white. I hope that's not the ball but hey I guess I can always use the stock one. Would love to have black with the white cobra on the side like the black and gray one they advertise:banana:

guys ,

ONLY the black with silver has the cobra logo!!! i have had my ladies be VERY clear about this. the other options of rally knobs do NOT have cobras on them ...

and these knobs ONLY work with the MGW m12 x 1.75 pitch handle which is not the same as stock...if you want to use the sotkc knob also you need both handles...sorry bout this but the rally knobs only come in the coarse pitch 12mm....

we shipped 10 out today and we have 20 ready to ship next week ...some people are waiting on the silver black cobra knobs ...

we have 8 people on the list that have NOT called us back which if we do not hear from you by tuesday we will be moving on to the 2nd list. so if you still want yours please call us asap

regards
george

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
guys ,

ONLY the black with silver has the cobra logo!!! i have had my ladies be VERY clear about this. the other options of rally knobs do NOT have cobras on them ...

regards
george

When I called today, I asked for the black w/ silver + cobra knob. They were clear about it... :beer:

So where is the cool videos we've been hearing about? :rockon:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Whats the cost?

the shifter kit is 350.00 and includes EVERYTHING needed from sound and thermal dampening to upgraded bushings front and rear.

here is a pic from the install only thing NOT included is the shift ball

the regular rally balls are 50.00 the double logod cobra balls are 66.00

regards
george

Last edited:

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Mine arrived yesterday. Very nice piece. I would love to see a video before attempting the install.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i was thinking of switching from my steeda to this... but i dont like having a jam nut. Is there any way to get the shift boot tight against the shift ball? Also is there any way to lower the shift knob down by moving the shifter handle? And that isnt the same threads as the steeda thread is it?

RKT SHP

Established Member
Is there any date on when you are expected to get the cobra emblems on the rest of the shift ball colors.....also is there any way to get one customized such as red letters in place of the white on the gears

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I paid for both of mine, but havent seen them yet........
exciting stuff

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i hope i can answer the questions ...if you have any others please ask...:beer:

not sure what you mean by leather option but this shifter can be used with our shift balls or the stock ball or any other mustang knobs..

as far as the same as the steeda i am not sure what threads they use but we have 2 options...

you do NOT have to buy our machined jam nut adapter you can just ask for a thin jam nut to be sent which saves you 9.00 as the thin stainless jam nut and lock washer are only a buck ...then you can have the boot up close to the knob.

m12 x 1.25 fine pitch which is same as stock oem threads on the gt500

m12 x 1.75 coarse pitch threads for use with the rally balls.

as far as other colors and the cobra logos it will probably be a while if ever as these are custom made only for us since we are licensed with ford and the min run for them is quite high. specials and one offs are ridiculously priced so i dont see offering that . sorry.

the height is not adjustable but the throw of the shifter is.

george

De500

Established Member
George

Thanks for the quick answer . . . by leather I meant a leather shift knob . . .if I can use the 07-09 leather shifter it would be better for me . . .I like the cue ball but I have a vert and I have the shift pattern burned into my hand . . .

Thanks

DC

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
you do NOT have to buy our machined jam nut adapter you can just ask for a thin jam nut to be sent which saves you 9.00 as the thin stainless jam nut and lock washer are only a buck ...then you can have the boot up close to the knob.

george

George, when I ordered the shifter and the black/silver/cobra ball I wasn't given an option on this....which is the "default"? With the machined jam nut adapter, or just the thin jam nut? Or neither? Just curious what I should expect in the box when I get it...

Thanks and I still can't wait to see the videos! :D

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
George, when I ordered the shifter and the black/silver/cobra ball I wasn't given an option on this....which is the "default"? With the machined jam nut adapter, or just the thin jam nut? Or neither? Just curious what I should expect in the box when I get it...

Thanks and I still can't wait to see the videos! :D

im pretty sure you got the machined one if you didnt ask for the thin one because its the preferred method ....

george

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MGW GT500 Shifter Install
[youtube_browser]__Js88Rhqf8[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]khDG6iEqK9o[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]MFjGpcmIva4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited by a moderator:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
PLEASE READ!!!!!!

THESE 3 VIDEOS ARE ROUGH UNEDITED VERSIONS AND SOME STEPS ARE NOT EVEN IN THE RIGHT ORDER. RICH IS WORKING HIS BUTT OFF GETTING THE FINAL VIDEO CROPPED AND EDITED BUT I KNOW SOME GUYS ARE ITCHING TO GET THESE INSTALLED SO PLEASE PLEASE JUST USE THIS VIDEO AS REFERENCE AND FOLLOW THE WRITTEN DIRECTIONS FOR ORDER OF STEPS!!!!!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread