Pics with New bumper and HIDs

CobraKalas

Established Member
Last Saturday I swapped front bumpers/fogs/bezels 2004 for my 1999 and Mach 1 chin. Ordered 6000k HIDs from HIDGUY.NET and got them installed and the bumper on last night. So I took some pictures last night and then some more this morning. Enjoy :banana:

NIGHT

DAY

And Got my UPR EL Glow gauge overlay finished

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
looks real nice man....ugh oh wait! i think i hear the hid police coming for you because you pollute the sky with your blinding lights! lol! enjoy dude.

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
i was wondering what those wheels would look like!!!

im getting an 03 bumper this weekend, thats exactly what my car is gonna look like!!(or what i pictured it to look like)!!!

good job!!:rockon:

Vegas 01 Cobra

Established Member
Looks good man. I have HIDs top and bottom like you too. My wife says its the single best thing Ive done to the car. I like those guage faces too. Have you got a part number from UPR for them?

CobraKalas

Established Member
Looks good man. I have HIDs top and bottom like you too. My wife says its the single best thing Ive done to the car. I like those guage faces too. Have you got a part number from UPR for them?
Here's the link to the UPR set. http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=479 Item #: 9900-10 Price: $49.99, I bought them back when they were $89.00 so this is a steal now!
Note: the gauge overlay does not come with SVT on the Tach like mine, that was a decal I got from 01 BLK SVT (Wickey World P.O. Box 293 Oswego, IL 60543)

hmmm not a fan at all, I like the look for the stock fogs with the HiD headlights much better. But I will say you have one very clean car
Although you don't like the fogs I still appreciate the compliment :banana:

Last edited:

Sonic 35ss

Established Member
I'm about to put an 03 bumper on my car in a few weeks. how is the fit ? how much is it rubbing the hood ? I thought i read somewhere that you can pull the tabs in further and drill new holes to try to get more clearance.

matt87

Established Member
i think it looks good but i do have to say that hids in the fogs look bad. with the headlights the light looks cleaner but the fogs just glare and even the same color temp look a little different. i just did a DDM hi/lo beam 10k kit on mine and i love it. i did regular jdm yellow bulbs for the fogs.

CobraKalas

Established Member
I'm about to put an 03 bumper on my car in a few weeks. how is the fit ? how much is it rubbing the hood ? I thought i read somewhere that you can pull the tabs in further and drill new holes to try to get more clearance.

The fit is just like the stock piece, however. when you try to close the hood with the top tabs where they are regularly, the hood rubs and wont close completely. in the summer i am going to push the tabs in and drill new holes in the header panel so it doesnt rub, but right now i took the pushpins out of the top taps and when closing the hood it pushes the tabs in so the hood closes and looks fine. (not a long term thing, just a bandaid til new holes)

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
i think it looks good but i do have to say that hids in the fogs look bad. with the headlights the light looks cleaner but the fogs just glare and even the same color temp look a little different. i just did a DDM hi/lo beam 10k kit on mine and i love it. i did regular jdm yellow bulbs for the fogs.

ugh, 10k.

why the hell would you get 10k hids? You like less light and a pinkish color?

yikes.

matt87

Established Member
Quad, they are not pink at all. they are more of a light blue hue, to be honest i'm not even sure they are 10k, nowhere on the bulb or box did it say. i like them and they are very much brighter than the halogens. i'll post some pics soon.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
i think it looks good but i do have to say that hids in the fogs look bad. with the headlights the light looks cleaner but the fogs just glare and even the same color temp look a little different.

I have to disagree with you on this, I love my fogs HID, at first I was scared of putting them on since I thought it would look out of place. Ever since I put them, its been growing and growing and growing, i just love how they look. Car looks clean with the 03 FB, i just love how the bumper looks, still looks weird without the intercooler im just soo used to seeing a shiny big intercooler in the front :D

Users who are viewing this thread