Picture Request: Rear of Motor fully assembled.

jmonday

Established Member
Hello,
Can someone please post a picture of the rear of a 2003 2004 cobra engine? I have a coolant leak at a location that I believe to have found. I cannot seem to find what the part is or an image of the part I'm looking for. There is a black plastic part that might be attached to the passenger side block or the head, I cannot remember. Thank you.

I'll keep looking and will post when found.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The heater hose adapter is bolted to the back of the passenger head, but its not plastic. It's metal and sealed with an o- ring.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Here is my motor when I was taking it apart. Any fluid that leaks in the valley area will drain out the back, you will think that is where its leaking but really it is not.

Screenshot_20210113-124311_Gallery.jpg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Any fluid that leaks in the valley area will drain out the back, you will think that is where its leaking but really it is not.

View attachment 1683034

Exactly this, had a similar leak that I was tracking down that happened only during winter storage. Had to use paper towels to verify my lower IC hose was weeping and draining into the valley. Couldnt see it, couldnt reach it with my hand. Shoved some paper towels under the IC adapter plate and it was soaked the next morning.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I leak like above is a separate system
than engine cooling

heater line attached to passenger head goes to heater core

from heater core it runs in valley to back of water pump
this pipe has 2 orings sealing a push on tube held in with 1 bolt to hold in place

this will leak out back of motor hole

Users who are viewing this thread