Pictures of the Mecca Tune HID kit installed!

BAD03SVT

Established Member
what are people doing about the fog lights being a different color, i just dont like the mismatch look?

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Anyone do anything about the Foglamps?? I'm probably just gonna leave mine alone, don't really mind it. Most OEM cars with HID's usually leave the foglamps halogen anyway.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
About the fogs, I'm not touching mine just yet. I'm going to try and set up another gp in a couple of months so that I can purchase another HID kit form the fogs. That way I'll have full HIDs.

I'll be posting pics of my kit soon. I got it yesterday and installed it today.

Originally posted by 99cobraclone
honestly dude I got give a rat's ass about what the ****ing box looks like, I care about it arriving to my freaking house in one piece.

Good for you.

By the way, now that I got the kit I can point out a couple of things.

For starters, the box of the kit comes inside a shipping box. And inside the kit comes seperated in three seperate boxes held in place by a cardboard support.

And secondly, the box itself is gorgeous and is presented in a very professional matter.

I'll post pics later for those that wish to see what I'm talking about.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator
About the fogs, I'm not touching mine just yet. I'm going to try and set up another gp in a couple of months so that I can purchase another HID kit form the fogs. That way I'll have full HIDs.

I'll be posting pics of my kit soon. I got it yesterday and installed it today.

Good for you.

By the way, now that I got the kit I can point out a couple of things.

For starters, the box of the kit comes inside a shipping box. And inside the kit comes seperated in three seperate boxes held in place by a cardboard support.

And secondly, the box itself is gorgeous and is presented in a very professional matter.

I'll post pics later for those that wish to see what I'm talking about.

Like I said before unitimidator :lol: I could care less what the box looks like, I care about protection of the goods. This box had absoultely no protection whatsoever!!! You keep talking about how goodlooking it is, I don't care I just want my damn hid kit to work, it seems like many people are having problems that could be solved with a properly packaged kit.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 04RedfireCobra
There's another GP. Deadline is May 2nd:

http://www.3gmtrading.com/intimidator.htm
For those that ordered these kits, are you happy for the most part? I missed the last GB, but then after reading about ballasts not working, and bad tracking numbers, delayed shipment, etc, I thought it was a good sign that I missed the GB. Well, Now I see another one, and I only have one day to think about it. While $275 is cheap for true HIDs, doesn't the saying "you get what you pay for" almost always ring true to some extent??? Xenondepot did a group buy several months ago, does anyone have experience with BOTH kits to compare? $275 is so tempting, But I just feel that for that price, I'm getting an "ebay special"

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
For those that ordered these kits, are you happy for the most part? I missed the last GB, but then after reading about ballasts not working, and bad tracking numbers, delayed shipment, etc, I thought it was a good sign that I missed the GB. Well, Now I see another one, and I only have one day to think about it. While $275 is cheap for true HIDs, doesn't the saying "you get what you pay for" almost always ring true to some extent??? Xenondepot did a group buy several months ago, does anyone have experience with BOTH kits to compare? $275 is so tempting, But I just feel that for that price, I'm getting an "ebay special"

Out of 40+ kits sold only a hand full of people are having problems, which honestly could have been caused by any number of different reasons. You only hear the bad parts, but I can get you some links to others that have installed their kits allready and are in love with them.

This is a quality HID kit at an incredible price.

Try not to pay too much attention to 99cobraclone. He has been trying to stir the pot since the beginning of this GP. He even bought the kit, hasn't installed it yet, and continues to talk out of his ass.

The shipping date for all orders received by May 2nd is estimated to be May 7th.

If you miss this group purchase, don't worry too much about it. I'm going to try to set up another one in a couple of months. If you want, wait until the next one so you can get more opinions at that time from the people that bought their kits.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Like I said before unitimidator :lol: I could care less what the box looks like, I care about protection of the goods. This box had absoultely no protection whatsoever!!! You keep talking about how goodlooking it is, I don't care I just want my damn hid kit to work, it seems like many people are having problems that could be solved with a properly packaged kit.

:rollseyes

The second sentence directed towards you specifically stated the protection of the box.

How the box looks is just an added bonus.

And what many people? It's only a hand full of people on this site that had some problems that could have been caused by a multitude of different things and all their problems are being resolved.

Why don't you go and instal your kit to see if it's working or not? At least then you'll have something substantial to bitch about.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I just wanted to say that I received my kit on the 30th. I am so very pleased with the packaging. I don't really see how it could get damaged. I guess maybe if you did some jumping jacks on the box, but even then the cardboard is very stiff.

It came in this box that my mom and grandma fell in love with. I do admit the box is quit amazing. I think they want the box when i'm done installing the kit (dont have a car yet :)). The kit came with great instructions on how to install it too!

Just wanted to say thanks to Intimidator for setting up this group purchase. You rock!

Chris

Last edited:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
You're welcome.

In a couple of months we'll be running around with HID fogs as well. Should be sweet.

03SnakeBlack

I have a bad ballast and I contacted Henry and he told me to send him the bad one and he will send me a replacement. Other than that I absolutely love the light output its so much brighter even with one headlight being HID. Thanks Intimidator for the GP.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Out of 40+ kits sold only a hand full of people are having problems, which honestly could have been caused by any number of different reasons. You only hear the bad parts, but I can get you some links to others that have installed their kits allready and are in love with them.

This is a quality HID kit at an incredible price.

Try not to pay too much attention to 99cobraclone. He has been trying to stir the pot since the beginning of this GP. He even bought the kit, hasn't installed it yet, and continues to talk out of his ass.

The shipping date for all orders received by May 2nd is estimated to be May 7th.

If you miss this group purchase, don't worry too much about it. I'm going to try to set up another one in a couple of months. If you want, wait until the next one so you can get more opinions at that time from the people that bought their kits.

Kiss my F'n ass dude, what type of group buy do you run? Your a ****ing :bash:

Yeah I guess I am talking out of my ass when I: a) asked simple f'n warranty questions b) only brought to your attention that like 5 people have had problems already

Your the tool buddy, do us all a favor and never try to organize a group buy again, you obvivously know nothing about them. You should talk to some of the people that bought goods from my group buys, everyone is happy with their products.

Another thing that seems fishy is that you are probably getting a kick back with you hosting the link and all. This leads me to believe that you don't give a rat's ass about any of us and just want your money. I arrange my group buys to save money for myself and others while I'm at it. I never recieve any money at all, nor would I want to because that is cheap.

Go work on your tan asshole!:kaboom:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Hey guys... did you have to RE-aim that kit when you installed it? My beam pattern looks REALLY bad... its almost like a jackknife up top. Very uneven. I dont know if I have the bulbs in the wrong sockets, but does it matter which one is which? Maybe that could be the reason why it looks weird.

Theres a little white strip on the HID bulb... now do both of them point to the passenger side? Or is it supposed to be different? Let me go check agian... any help would be appereciated. thanks

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
I'll be posting pics later tonight.

Kiss my F'n ass dude, what type of group buy do you run? Your a ****ing :bash:

Yeah I guess I am talking out of my ass when I: a) asked simple f'n warranty questions b) only brought to your attention that like 5 people have had problems already

Your the tool buddy, do us all a favor and never try to organize a group buy again, you obvivously know nothing about them. You should talk to some of the people that bought goods from my group buys, everyone is happy with their products.

Another thing that seems fishy is that you are probably getting a kick back with you hosting the link and all. This leads me to believe that you don't give a rat's ass about any of us and just want your money. I arrange my group buys to save money for myself and others while I'm at it. I never recieve any money at all, nor would I want to because that is cheap.

Go work on your tan asshole!:kaboom:

Did you ever organize a group purchase with something as complicated and expensive as HIDs?

No.

Thank you. Drive through.

Seems to me like you're a little uptight that someone else is stepping in your territory. Tough shit. As far as me making something on this group purchase, you're shit out of luck there too. Not one red cent. So again, keep talking out of your ass. And what link am I hosting by the way?

You should try and listen to all the people that are pleased and quit trying to stir the pot, which is all you've been trying to do since the very beginning of the gp.

Only time will tell if this gp was a success or not.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
Hey guys... did you have to RE-aim that kit when you installed it? My beam pattern looks REALLY bad... its almost like a jackknife up top. Very uneven. I dont know if I have the bulbs in the wrong sockets, but does it matter which one is which? Maybe that could be the reason why it looks weird.

Theres a little white strip on the HID bulb... now do both of them point to the passenger side? Or is it supposed to be different? Let me go check agian... any help would be appereciated. thanks

Yes, you have to re-aim your headlights. The bulbs have a molded base, so you can only stick them in one way (the proper way). Look at the base of your stock bulbs and the base of the HID bulbs, they are both identical.

Edit: By the way, the beam pattern is identical to your stock headlights. You just notice it more now because you have a lot more output.

Last edited:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
How do you re-aim our headlights? They're fixed on one spot and don't see how to get it pointing. I haven't had that problem, but, would like to hear how you do this.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
How do you re-aim our headlights? They're fixed on one spot and don't see how to get it pointing. I haven't had that problem, but, would like to hear how you do this.
You can't actually adjust the "focus" like rotating the end of a MagLite, but you can point the beam higher or lower, there is a little phillips adjusting screw on top of the headlight assembly. If that's not what you mean, then maybe the new HID bulbs are a different length than the factory bulbs, meaning the reflector is not aiming properly, (back to the MagLite analogy) since that is not adjustable, (other than different length bulbs) I hope that is not what you mean, since I just ordered the Kit yesterday.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
You can't actually adjust the "focus" like rotating the end of a MagLite, but you can point the beam higher or lower, there is a little phillips adjusting screw on top of the headlight assembly. If that's not what you mean, then maybe the new HID bulbs are a different length than the factory bulbs, meaning the reflector is not aiming properly, (back to the MagLite analogy) since that is not adjustable, (other than different length bulbs) I hope that is not what you mean, since I just ordered the Kit yesterday.

Beat me to it. lol.

That MagLite analogy has to be the best I've ever heard. By the way, the HID bulbs are longer than the stock bulbs, but, the part that produces the light is at the same position as the stock bulbs. So that the focus point is identical in both.

BBriBro

Established Member
....... the HID bulbs are longer than the stock bulbs, but, the part that produces the light is at the same position as the stock bulbs. So that the focus point is identical in both.
Thats good news, but can you explain further, A "standard" bulb has a filament that glows, which is where the light is "generated" However, don't HIDs use glowing xenon gas? , (similar to a fluorescent) in that the light comes from the "whole" capsule, rather than a tiny filament. In other words, I would think the "focus" would have to be somewhat different, no ? I can't wait to get mine to see all these details for myself.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
...I'm going to try and set up another gp in a couple of months so that I can purchase another HID kit for the fogs. That way I'll have full HIDs...

I'd hate to come across you in the other lane in the middle of the night out on a dark two-lane highway. :eek: :D

Users who are viewing this thread