• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Pictures since the Revan Racing Suspension Kit install (FRPP L Springs)-Thoughts tooo

Discussion in '2013-14 Shelby GT500' started by Crowley, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Crowley

Crowley Okey doke Established Member

Pictures since the Revan Racing Suspension Kit install (FRPP L Springs)-Thoughts too

First, thanks to Van for putting this together and having a great sale for these parts! When I made a quick post after getting the springs and there was an issue w/ the condition of the box as well as my blind self not finding the sticker where it said what springs they were (to verify), Van posted almost immediately as well as called me. He also talked to the shipping company! Great customer service is why I will continue to by parts from them!

Review:

Spring Drop - it isn't as low as some might like, but for me it is about perfect. I don't have any scraping coming into my driveway :) However, those looking for a lower look would want to look at other springs.

Ride Quality - My car is my daily driver so that was a concern with what spring I went with as well. I find the FRPP L springs don't really affect the ride quality too much compared to stock. It is slightly rougher if there are a lot of bumps in the road, but nothing dramatic. You can feel more feedback from the rear of the car (and to me that is a good thing).

Performance - I really like the improvement in the handling of the car. Getting on it, the rear likes to stay a lot straighter (rather than kicking out to the side). Going around corners is done more effortlessly as well. I haven't had the kit installed for too long so I haven't had a lot of chances to test it out too much, but from what I have seen so far, this is an excellent kit that does what you would think it would do - IMPROVE on the stock performance of the car. :beer:

Now enough of the rambling! On to the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crowley

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. PARTSDUDE

PARTSDUDE Member Established Member

Your car looks great. I like the color combo also.
    I like how much the springs drop the car.
    Just enough

3. Van@RevanRacing

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Crowley

Thanks for the post and OBTW, you're quite talented with the camera. The pictures of your car are nearly as mesmerizing as TORQJNKY's Sig Pic!

Thanks for the write up and feedback! I look forward to working with you more in the future! :beer:

Van

4. SINISTRR

SINISTRR New Member Established Member

Looks great!!!!! That's the stance I want. How much did the set up cost and how much was the install?

5. Van@RevanRacing

Revan Racing Suspension System - Revan Racing, Inc.

Kit is $1,150 shipped in the US

Additional shipping required for Canada.

Van
    561-445-7702

6. SINISTRR

SINISTRR New Member Established Member

7. Van@RevanRacing

I'm getting low on kits and then pricing will go back up. Ordered additional upper control arms to extend the sale and I am down to nine kits

van

8. Lethalchem

Lethalchem Sigmund Frod Established Member

Nice pictures. :beer:

Did you measure before and after numbers on the spring drop?

9. 09Troublemaker

09Troublemaker " That don't sound stock" Established Member

great pics! my springs settled another 1/4 inch (rear) and 3/8" (front) within 500 miles;-)

Crappy BBerry Pics

sayvilleshow92213jpg4_zps0c2cf7b5.jpg

sayvilleshow92213jpg2_zpsb21c168a.jpg

10. NELCO

NELCO Member Established Member

Crowley, She looks perfect.. I have the same set up from VAN THE Man.... I also love your color package...............:beer::beer::beer:
    Nelco

11. Lethalchem

Awesome! Any final hight measurements after all was said and done? Yours looks great! :beer:

12. 09Troublemaker

09Troublemaker " That don't sound stock" Established Member

after the initial install the front went down 1.0 inch and 1.25 in the rear. I drove the next 500 miles in normal mode to get that suspension travel. Then it was 1.3 front and 1.5 rear

crazy, I talked to a guy on Sunday that said after 1000 miles he only got 1 inch all around.......

thanks

13. Lethalchem

Strange. Yours doesn't look like it's dropped that far. I wonder why people are getting different results with the same springs? Here's what mine looks like after 48 hours and only about 20 miles driving. Rear dropped 1", but not the front.

DSCF4056_zpsc8c491ec.jpg

14. tomshep

tomshep Another R Addict Established Member

I thought I was the only one that noticed that!

Tom

15. Crowley

Sorry, I didn't do this. I'm guessing that anyone else w/ the SVTPP could do some stock numbers and I can measure how it is now (middle of the wheel to where the fendor/wheel well is).

I do know that it dropped it more in the back than in the rear and kept a slight rake (it is about 1/4 - 1/2 inch higher in the rear than in the front (using the measurement points I mentioned above).

thanks,
    Crowley

16. 42RCODE

42RCODE To Many Toys ! Established Member

Crowley,
    your car looks awesome ! :beer:

17. Ray Lucca

Ray Lucca Well-Known Member Established Member

Looks great Crowley. Any noticeable increase of NVH with the new suspension set-up???
    You installed the FRPP Springs, right?? Nice drop

18. GOTSVT?

GOTSVT? This Is Absolution Premium Member Established Member

Looks perfect!

19. Crowley

Correct, the FRPP L Springs. As far as NVH, I think you do get a little more noise that gets transmitted from the rear area, but it isn't anything that annoys me and most of the time I'd say it sounds about the same as stock.

Crowley

20. phil123

phil123 Member Established Member

I have the same setup and love it. There is more noise at times. Just riding along a smooth freeway about the same but on other surfaces or when shifting at times additional NVH is definitely there. Same with the ride. On a smooth freeway about the same but on rougher surfaces it is a harsher ride than stock. To us very tolerable and well worth the improvement in handling and traction but it is there to some extent.