Pile On Fram

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting video and comparisons. I, too, wish the K&N was included, as well as the Mobil One, Amsoil and Motorcraft. Bottom line, and most of us were not surprised, is that the Fram filters are CRAPOLA!

RSbeast

Established Member
Would like to see the higher tier Bosch and Purolator as well. Fram should be embarrassed

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
He isn't the first to do this.
I've used NAPA filters for years due to this and never use fram even when I worked for the company that makes them. Keep in mind that this is the same company that makes the Autolite spark plugs we used for years and loved.

With that said, the fram meets OEM specs. How many engine failures have any of you heard about that are from filter failure of some sorts? Pretty much none.
Would I use it? No, but it isn't the end of the world for some average joe who does.

Especially if you do regular changes.

awful knawful

Established Member
He isn't the first to do this.
I've used NAPA filters for years due to this and never use fram even when I worked for the company that makes them. Keep in mind that this is the same company that makes the Autolite spark plugs we used for years and loved.

With that said, the fram meets OEM specs. How many engine failures have any of you heard about that are from filter failure of some sorts? Pretty much none.
Would I use it? No, but it isn't the end of the world for some average joe who does.

Especially if you do regular changes.
How many suspect the oil filter when the motor loses oil pressure and lunches itself?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I run NAPA Gold. I'm always disappointed when I see an apples to oranges comparison. NAPA makes 3 different levels of oil filter...Fram makes 4. It appears to me from the video that he's testing a Fram Extra Guard (lowest quality) and a NAPA Gold (medium quality).

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I watched the video earlier today. Didn't learn much for new info, but it is still cringe-worthy.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow great video.

I’ve used more Fram filters than I can count and never had a catastrophic failure BUT—- that quality was piss poor and hard to watch!

The wix/Napa gold put on a damn good show.

Call me converted officially.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I've heard Fram is crap, but the high-end Fram is great. My oil samples after track use, prove it. Check out the high-end Fram.

I had a Mobil One high end filter that wouldn't seal. The threads were all jacked up and the gasket sucked. Avoid at all cost.

Last edited:

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
fram ultra guard.jpg

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I've heard Fram is crap, but the high-end Fram is great. My oil samples after track use, prove it. Check out the high-end Fram.

I had a Mobil One high end filter that wouldn't seal. The threads were all jacked up and the gasket sucked. Avoid at all cost.

I have used that exact same Fram in the past and I would use again.

Users who are viewing this thread