Pinging Question

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
So I havent drivin my car for a while (8 weeks). I did a couple of spirited runs though 3rd and fourth heard some pinging (detonation). so I filled it up with 91 and some octane booster (8oz) should i be ok or should i have the tune checked? Its the first time ive heard any pinging since the TVS and custom tune back in April

Mopower

Established Member
Pinging isn't good. I would take it easy and burn up that tank of gas and try again. If it pings with fresh gas, something is wrong. Good luck.

ingram4868

Established Member
Don't use the auto parts house octane boosters. In a very short time the o2 sensors will develop a thin coating that will cause false readings including detonation.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Don't use the auto parts house octane boosters. In a very short time the o2 sensors will develop a thin coating that will cause false readings including detonation.

I just used it this one time to add to the tank of gas. Ill run this tank out and add a fresh tank of gas.

Kenneth

Established Member
No real world experience using off the shelf octane booster, BUT always read it raises 91 octane to something like 91.2.

Why not order at least 1 can of Torco if you want to raise the octane level some.

Users who are viewing this thread