Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD question

blacksnake305

Established Member
Hey all,

There doesn't appear to be an audio forum on SVTP, so I thought i'd ask here...

So I installed a P3100 last season. But I have yet to hook up the DVD player portion because i wanted to bypass the "parking brake safety feature" of the unit. I want to play vids on it even when driving so my kids can watch a vid when i'm rollin...

So at the time, I didn't hook up the green 'current line' that tells the head unit when the parking brake is on. I assume it to be very low voltage and hence was thinking if I tap the green feed line into the traction control light (which is programmed to be off all the time), that it might fool the head unit into believing the parking brake is on. Will this work??

And those of you who want to soapbox the 'safety lectures', don't bother.

I know this can be done, just looking for the appropriate source before getting into it.

Thanks in Advance!!!

oilwell1415

Established Member
The owners manual makes it look like the wire is just looking for a ground through the park brake switch to allow the DVD player to function. If that's the case you just need to ground the wire and it won't know the difference.

stang1971

Established Member
Hey all,

There doesn't appear to be an audio forum on SVTP, so I thought i'd ask here...

So I installed a P3100 last season. But I have yet to hook up the DVD player portion because i wanted to bypass the "parking brake safety feature" of the unit. I want to play vids on it even when driving so my kids can watch a vid when i'm rollin...

So at the time, I didn't hook up the green 'current line' that tells the head unit when the parking brake is on. I assume it to be very low voltage and hence was thinking if I tap the green feed line into the traction control light (which is programmed to be off all the time), that it might fool the head unit into believing the parking brake is on. Will this work??

And those of you who want to soapbox the 'safety lectures', don't bother.

I know this can be done, just looking for the appropriate source before getting into it.

Thanks in Advance!!!
check out AVIC411.com all ur answers are found there. :)

ChuckieC09

Established Member
Yea, it is a ground wire, you just need to run an in-line toggle switch. When you wanna watch video, just click the switch both ways and you're good to go.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Yea, it is a ground wire, you just need to run an in-line toggle switch. When you wanna watch video, just click the switch both ways and you're good to go.

This.

Or you can just ground it....My previous unit I did the whole switch thing, in the end it was pointless. I just grounded my last unit I installed. Less wiring = less complication!

blacksnake305

Established Member
Great info guys! thanks alot!!!! I work like 60hrs a week and have yet to read the manual, so you saved me some headaches...

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
youtube has a video for the bypass on the 4100dvd. I used it and it worked flawlessly with no stupid toggle switch.

I believe its the same for the 3100DVD, but I may be wrong. :shrug: :read:

blacksnake305

Established Member
youtube has a video for the bypass on the 4100dvd. I used it and it worked flawlessly with no stupid toggle switch.

I believe its the same for the 3100DVD, but I may be wrong. :shrug: :read:

Well I grounded the green wire directly and it made no difference. I will take a look on Utube. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread