Pit Bulls Are So DANGEROUS!

AssPikle

Established Member
I think that you are a bit confused... it is true that these breeds all started with a bull baiting, fighting, blood sport background. But you are talking about 19th century time frame. That has since been so watered down and is no longer the case. It’s been close to 150 years and responsible breeding has transformed the breeds from brawlers to trust worthy companions. These dogs are no longer bred for blood sports.

That’s like trying to equate Husky to a Wolf because it is in its background. Lol.

If I was getting a dog for fighting, I would get either a Dogo Argentino or a Kangal, not a “Pit Bull”, nor a “pug”. Lol.

As I stated before, many different breeds get lumped in as “Pit bull”, not to mention all the mixes and mutts and aren’t even a true “pit bull”.... this is one of the main reasons why you get that “overwhelming majority of bite fatalities reported”.

Then you’ve got to think about the fact that this kind of dog also seems be a favorite amongst low lives. Where responsible ownership is void. Which has created a lot of unfortunate events.

You have to use the same level of caution with any big powerful high prey drive type dog. And just like with humans, some dogs are just gonna have screws loose, no matter the upbringing.

If I’m waking down the street and I see ANY big dog loose, whether an Akita, GS, Rot, Cane Corso, Dogo, Kangal, Presa Canario, Dóberman, Pit bull, etc. You better believe that I am gonna use the same level of caution....

I wouldn't classify these ladies as a lowlifes

Pit Bull Described as 'Mild-Mannered' Brutally Kills Female Owner During a Walk in the Province of Nova Scotia

Dog-Mauling Death: Why Dogs Turn on Their Owners | Live Science

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

When did I say they were? I don’t know those people and wasn’t there to witness exactly what happened....

I can tell you one thing.... you either didn’t pay attention to what I previously stated or didn’t read....

The first link you provided is that of an AMERICAN BULLY, that’s not a real Pit bull! Proves my point.

The second link is a story FULL of controversy. Many many people believe that something else went on that day. I’m not gonna speculate but I would not rule it a fact unless you were there and know different.

Here, have fun:

Boy, 14, attacked and killed by family’s German Shepherd in Minnesota

Two-month-old baby is fatally attacked by her family's German Shepherd | Daily Mail Online

'Jealous' dog mauls newborn twin girls to death while mum chatted to neighbours

LABRADOR RETRIEVER KILLS 2-YEAR-OLD

https://www.stabroeknews.com/2021/0...ad/trinidad-mom-killed-by-her-pet-rottweiler/

https://nypost.com/2020/10/27/new-zealand-familys-dog-tries-to-bury-baby-after-deadly-mauling/

Pet Doberman kills Brooklyn infant

2019 Dog Bite Fatality: Owner of Doberman Pinscher Show Dogs Found Dead with Multiple Dog Bite Injuries

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I realize everyone loves their dogs as do I. But you just can't argue with statistics and facts. Even shi tszu is on the list, but look at the sheer number difference.

Dogs Attack Statistics by Breed
Again... This does not take into an account of the population size.

Pit Bulls are the most common dog in America. Kinda hard to have a list of Shar Pei attacks when there are like 20 in thr country and even if one did attack it would likely get labeled as "pit bull".

Ya'll also don't understand want makes a good fighting dog or bait dog.

It's high pain tolerance and strong owner loyalty/obedience, not viciousness and unstable.

The rise of the "pit bull" going from "nanny dog" to "murder dog" magically coincides with the rise of illegal dog fighting in the early 90's.

Prior to Pit Bulls, Rots, Dobbers, Huskies, and German Shepard a all shared the spotlight as murder dogs. Raised to hunt people and still to much wolf to be trusted.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
When did I say they were? I don’t know those people and wasn’t there to witness exactly what happened....

I can tell you one thing.... you either didn’t pay attention to what I previously stated or didn’t read....

The first link you provided is that of an AMERICAN BULLY, that’s not a real Pit bull! Proves my point.

The second link is a story FULL of controversy. Many many people believe that something else went on that day. I’m not gonna speculate but I would not rule it a fact unless you were there and know different.

Here, have fun:

Boy, 14, attacked and killed by family’s German Shepherd in Minnesota

Two-month-old baby is fatally attacked by her family's German Shepherd | Daily Mail Online

'Jealous' dog mauls newborn twin girls to death while mum chatted to neighbours

LABRADOR RETRIEVER KILLS 2-YEAR-OLD

https://www.stabroeknews.com/2021/0...ad/trinidad-mom-killed-by-her-pet-rottweiler/

https://nypost.com/2020/10/27/new-zealand-familys-dog-tries-to-bury-baby-after-deadly-mauling/

Pet Doberman kills Brooklyn infant

2019 Dog Bite Fatality: Owner of Doberman Pinscher Show Dogs Found Dead with Multiple Dog Bite Injuries

All of that shit is awful. You have me not getting another dog until my boys are grown.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
All of that shit is awful. You have me not getting another dog until my boys are grown.

life in general can be awful. You are bringing something foreign into your home, which has the capability for inflicting great harm (to include death).

it’s like when people decide to help out a friend or relative, bringing said person into their home and it bites them in the ass. Big time.

Any time you do that, you are willingly taking a chance at a tragedy. However “controlled” it may be...

Better pay REAL close attention and be extremely responsible if you do.

AssPikle

Established Member
Everyone is free to make their own choices. Make yours wisely. The parents of the little girl that got her face bitten sure regret their decision.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
If you've had several wives, wouldn't that mean that you couldn't train them?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

yep...that’s the joke. You got it. Just the same point with dogs. Plenty of people, like myself, who think they’ve got a good handle on it find out they don’t.

Look, if you’re talking about the most dangerous kind of car, you wouldn’t bring up that you wife can also kill you.

The data says what it says. If you want to obfuscate it with all this ancillary info, you can. I’ll take my chances with the wife and the boys before I let one of those dogs in my home...and probably any other dog after my pup is gone.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
yep...that’s the joke. You got it. Just the same point with dogs. Plenty of people, like myself, who think they’ve got a good handle on it find out they don’t.

Look, if you’re talking about the most dangerous kind of car, you wouldn’t bring up that you wife can also kill you.

The data says what it says. If you want to obfuscate it with all this ancillary info, you can. I’ll take my chances with the wife and the boys before I let one of those dogs in my home...and probably any other dog after my pup is gone.
The problem is you see dogs as a machine or a power tool, not a living creatures with its own personality and psychological constructions.

Pit Bulls are Assault Dogs designed by the Military to kill people!

German Shepard are farm dogs built for farmers to keep farms safe.

Gold Retrievers are just simple hunting dogs, safe for hunting

Pugs are Nerf Dogs, designed for the kids.

Should we apply your own logic to human races? There is beyond a mountain of empirical data to support race based laws and policies. Except we don't do that because we understand universal human capacity and always question environment impacts.

So again, statistically you should be more worried about humans and deer.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
LMAO

There were only 2 Cocker Spaniel attacks between 1982 - 2014??

57% of all statistics are made up. Just saying.
Shit, forgot to report my mom's when it bit me back in 2018. That's a 30% increase. Clearly they are becoming a deadly breed from inbreeding.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
The problem is you see dogs as a machine or a power tool, not a living creatures with its own personality and psychological constructions.

Pit Bulls are Assault Dogs designed by the Military to kill people!

German Shepard are farm dogs built for farmers to keep farms safe.

Gold Retrievers are just simple hunting dogs, safe for hunting

Pugs are Nerf Dogs, designed for the kids.

Should we apply your own logic to human races? There is beyond a mountain of empirical data to support race based laws and policies. Except we don't do that because we understand universal human capacity and always question environment impacts.

So again, statistically you should be more worried about humans and deer.
I get what you’re saying. That’s not how I think about it. Others may. No problem there. I wouldn’t apply dog logic to humans. That is silly.

Serious question for you though; Do you think instinct plays a role in dog behaviors?

My gsd’s have always “herded” on some levels. Circling and corralling everyone and everything.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I get what you’re saying. That’s not how I think about it. Others may. No problem there. I wouldn’t apply dog logic to humans. That is silly.

Why is that silly?

Serious question for you though; Do you think instinct plays a role in dog behaviors?

My gsd’s have always “herded” on some levels. Circling and corralling everyone and everything.

You understand where the herding instinct comes from, right? From encircling prey....

Also, if your argument is Pit Bulls are murder dogs because of dog fighting - how does that make sense?

Dog Fighting requires high pain threshold, loyalty towards the owner and dog aggression, not human aggression. Did you ever see the video of all the dogs destroyed at Michael Vics place?

Heart breaking shit as most of them where incredibly sweet and desperate for human affection. However get them within sight lines of another dog and they'd lose their shit. This was from extensive conditioning and abuse.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
My little and our pup.... they adore each other. The other day she was walking around with a piece of bread dangling in her hand sbf he jumped up and grabbed it ... one of his teeth scratches her hand... she screams bloody murder and goes running to mom. He went and hid in the spare bedroom and wouldn't come out for over an hour. He then sat by her side due the rest of the night. He didn't even leave a mark but knew he did wrong.
I've seen both sides of the breed. But of course ANY dog can be dangerous. I still have a scar above my left ear where our yellow lab bit me when I was like 7. Same dog ended up doing about 4k bucks of chewing damage to our basement... he was gone after that.
39f061d32c65b5c51686de341c4491e4.jpg
0a733a9768e9de124abcd4e5c77d4639.jpg
4a495e0a416e39caca5c915789f7c990.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
But of course ANY dog can be dangerous. I still have a scar above my left ear where our yellow lab bit me when I was like 7. Same dog ended up doing about 4k bucks of chewing damage to our basement... he was gone after that.

The big issue with dogs biting kids in the face is the dominance hirerachy that they exist in.

Some won't see a smaller child as higher than themselves in the family structure.

They see:
Mom
Dad
Fido
Baby

As a result they will nip and bully the child to ensure the dominance structure is enforced. What you want is either they see the child as a surrogate pup or a superior pack member.

My ex's sister had two boys and a golden retriever, when the new baby girl came along the GR did not like that and eventually nipped at her when she was about 2. GR went away.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
Why is that silly?

You understand where the herding instinct comes from, right? From encircling prey....

Also, if your argument is Pit Bulls are murder dogs because of dog fighting - how does that make sense?

Dog Fighting requires high pain threshold, loyalty towards the owner and dog aggression, not human aggression. Did you ever see the video of all the dogs destroyed at Michael Vics place?

Heart breaking shit as most of them where incredibly sweet and desperate for human affection. However get them within sight lines of another dog and they'd lose their shit. This was from extensive conditioning and abuse.

I am not arguing with you. I don’t have an argument. I am not a pit bull or (enter all the breeds here) hater. It’s why I’m asking you questions. You don’t seem to be a numbskull. As far as the fighting...I don’t think that’s where those dogs came from. They had to have a purpose at some point that didn’t end in them dying.

All I have to go on are my few personal experiences and the numbers. I know more people who’ve been bit by GSDs than bull dogs. I get it.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
My ex wife is a veterinarian and we used to see some of the worst treated dogs come in and just want to loved. She had her own practice and we would also see some dogs that would want to chew your face off. When I first met her she had a great Dane that she rescued. It was going to be put to sleep because it attached a mail carrier. He would yell at the dog, hit the fence throw boxes at it...well one day it got out and this was a 215lb dog...grabbed him by the neck and took 3 people to get the dog off of him.
She took him and she lived in a tiny town in WV...well that mail man was black and that was pretty much the only black person the dog had been around lol.....so she wasn't sure how he would act towards me being a big black guy. Man I saw him the first time...called him over to me and gave him a big hug. He loved me and never showed a mean streak to anyone in the family.
Being black and from Chicago I had family members with dogs that were strictly for protection. You just didn't go near them....how the dog is treated and how its home life is really plays a part in that dogs personality.

Users who are viewing this thread