Planet Fitness

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
At 42 years old, I'm just at the point of trying to make it look like I can bench 400 lbs. My joints, tendons, back and shoulders have taken it's toll. Not to mention working on concrete floors at a factory for 16 years and 12 hour shifts.

I still want to keep playing golf as well. I know 99% of SVTP has a 6 pack and 3% body fat.

Keep at it gym bros.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hi. I’m in better shape than you….and have lower body fat % than you

And I do cardio on the treadmill inside the gym waiting for my pre workout to kick in.

Try to wrap “ ur “ head around that.
No, you’ve had to climb the mountains and try to satisfy them. A 400 pounder isn’t easy to handle I’m sure.

Zemedici

Established Member
Planet Fitness, EL OH ****ING EL

Only place here in Methville so wifey wanted to try it. Here’s my experience :

- Free pizza day (LOLWUT)
- No thin strap tanktops whatsoever (on guys or girls)
- Employees are insanely out of shape (you wouldn’t hire Ray Charles as an offensive coordinator would you?)
- they will literally kick you out for making noise (I’m not the guy doing it but i can completely understand why lifting heavy shit is heavy, and who the shit works out without headphones in?)
- Act of Congress to cancel membership
- like stated, aimed towards ‘social’ exercisers, everyone’s sitting on a machine texting

3/10

Do not recommend

Unless

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

- Employees are insanely out of shape (you wouldn’t hire Ray Charles as an offensive coordinator would you?)
- they will literally kick you out for making noise (I’m not the guy doing it but i can completely understand why lifting heavy shit is heavy, and who the shit works out without headphones in?)
- like stated, aimed towards ‘social’ exercisers, everyone’s sitting on a machine texting

3/10

Do not recommend

Unless
Was Biden there riding a bike?

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Got a PF black for all my work travels.
It definitely aint the ritz but it sure beats what hotels offer.

Honestly, LifeTime Fitness is the best (personality wise to myself) except there not as plentiful. I’m not a dedicated lifter but think Golds are pretty solid though, used to go there.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
hqdefault.jpg

VegasMichael

Established Member
Planet shitness is where masked up triple vaxed biden voters go to train.
Go to the best local independent gym you can find.
They had a World Gym here in town where I'm living but they closed last month. There's an LA Fitness and Gold's within reasonable distance. I keep seeing all these Orange Theory joints but it looks like another bunch of latest and greatest hype.

3/10

Do not recommend

Unless
Out of shape employees at a gym is like going to a dentist who has bad teeth.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny story about "Planet Fitness".....

My mother opened a gym called Planet Fitness nearly 10 years before the chain that everyone now knows actually started. At the time it was never an idea or thought to copyright the name since it was a local, small time gym that wasnt going to be more than the one location.

One day she gets a cease and desist letter from a lawyer stating she was in violation of copyright terms. Come to find out, the pricks that started the chain went and copyrighted the name and started C&D/suing smaller gyms. They made her change the name, logo and slogan.

She ended up changing everything after a small legal battle and a small fortune to redo the logo, equipment colors/merchandise. It was sold a few years ago when she retired and couldnt stand dealing with the stress any longer.

I still have t-shirts and towels from her Planet Fitness and some times people ask me why it has a "weird" logo instead of the one they have now....

So yeah, **** them and their bullshit.

Blackoyote

Established Member
My gym I was a part of for 5 years closed down last summer, but 'lucky for me' a PF had just opened even closer to my office (literally a 1 minute drive). This is important because I've found my best time to go to the gym is on my lunch breaks!

I was hesitant to join, because when I first started working out a decade ago I was a PF member for a short time and remembered what they kinda catered to (with the free pizza and donut days and what not...)

Well, to my surprise I've actually been digging PF. I quit the powerlifting stuff years back when I wrecked my back picking up 500#, so the lack of barbells isn't a deal breaker. They have 6 smith machines I can still use to get in good enough squats, they have a leg press I can still get 700# on, and dumb bells all the way up to 75#.

These days I more so focus on lean muscle as it preps me for racing, and PF is more than sufficient.

Funny enough I'm in the best shape of my life now as a PF member, potentially because with how close I am to the gym now I go at a minimum 4-5x per week on lunch for a quick 45 minute workout.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I go just for the treadmills and the 24/7 aspect of it. I do a lot of distance running so having a nice treadmill for $10 a month at odd hours is worth it to me.

But I have a membership at a regular gym as well for all the other times.

rwleonard

Established Member
I was tagging along with my wife, who was getting a tour of a local PF. The gal giving the tour turned to talk to me at one point and I said, "I grunt and use chalk, so this is just for her." She looked a bit startled, but continued talking to my wife.

Blown 89

Established Member
All dumbbells weigh the same, not all cars perform the same.

A friend of mine works out at Planet Fitness and I've gone with him a few times. It's dirty but the equipment worked and got the job done. They seem to attract a less devoted clientele but that doesn't affect me in any way. I prefer EOS (formerly Golds).

Users who are viewing this thread