Planet Fitness

VegasMichael

Established Member

Blown 89

Established Member
False.

I went from the YMCA to a diamond at Lifetime. Truuuuuuuuust me there are huge differences.
Both Planet Fitness and Golds use the same equipment manufacturer.....Precor. Lifetime Fitness used to as well. Like I said, they all perform the same function.

afcobra01

Established Member
I did some dead lifts there one day when my other gym was closed and I was told that I dropped the weights too hard...... I told the employee to go eat a bowl of dicks!

He said he was gonna call the Police. I said good Ill be waiting for them...... They arrived about 20 mintues later and approaced me at the squat rack. One of them clearly trained and was quite large!

He asked what the problem was? I said he got upset because I dropped the weight on the ground after a did a set. Well, he turned and looked at the employee and waited for his response.......

The employee who was about 130 lbs soaking wet said "Well he dropped the weight and it made a loud noise". The cop responded back..... "A loud noise?"

He went onto explain to him that yea thats what happens when u drop 400+ lbs on the ground what did u expect to happen?

The little ****** turned around and went back behind his desk to get back on gay fb page and everyone there laughed at him! It was a priceless moment in my life! The cop did tell me to refrian from calling him names tho.......lol
Bully, poor guy needed hug and a trainer

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Both Planet Fitness and Golds use the same equipment manufacturer.....Precor. Lifetime Fitness used to as well. Like I said, they all perform the same function.
It’s not an equipment issue, it’s an atmosphere and being around like minded people with real goals, and actually strive to reach them issue.
To play off your analogy about a car, that’s the same reason I won’t hang out at a Honda Civic ricer car meet.

Blown 89

Established Member
It’s not an equipment issue, it’s an atmosphere and being around like minded people with real goals, and actually strive to reach them issue.
To play off your analogy about a car, that’s the same reason I won’t hang out at a Honda Civic ricer car meet.
Some people don't require the affirmations of others at Club Med to get the job done. Given some of the childish responses in this thread I understand why some people need that.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I might just say screw it and join a boxing gym. There are a few decent ones downtown. Diverse and good workouts but not weight/barbell/dumbbell based. I kind of laugh when someone says they joined a boxing gym and I ask which one and they say: "The Boxercise gym near Main. Stephanie leads a class that is just so awesome!"

Me: Bro, Woman, I'm glad you're getting a good workout and are happy but that is not a boxing gym.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Some people don't require the affirmations of others at Club Med to get the job done. Given some of the childish responses in this thread I understand why some people need that.
@Blown 89guys, it’s not affirmation lifters seek, it’s the path to the top of the mountain.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
22B04A1F-B34B-4B13-9212-C8B296EAEA3A.jpeg

Just hanging out at the local planet….

… oh wait nvm

My94GT

Established Member
I’ve been in the fitness community for over 10 years at this point and it’s still laughable to see the PF hate.

The reality is it’s an average gym goers gym. It’s ultimately what you make of it. I know plenty who utilize it and see success. Are they weird with their policies….sure.

I’ve lifted there a few times and never had issues. I had to change my approach so not to start any drama with the staff but still got a lift in. Ultimately I’ve lifted at other gyms regularly but if it was all I had to choose from it’s better than nothing.

I built a home gym though years before Covid and it’s been much better since. I do however miss the atmosphere of a good gym but they are few and far in between in my area at least.

Users who are viewing this thread