Planet Fitness

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been lifting regularly for over 16 years and a total of 3 gym's during that time.

When I first started I joined a gym called Quality Fitness. Probably the best out of the three. Unfortunately the owners went bankrupt and it closed.

Next was Anytime Fitness. Which was great for awhile, but then it got pretty dumb. Personal trainers standing right in front of me at the dumbbell rack while I'm shoulder pressing 80lb dumbbells. A lot of disrespectful people started joining. So I left.

Currently I'm at Snap Fitness which was great in the beginning, but covid hit. This brought in the best of them. Equipment was getting trashed, younger kids yelling, leaning on the dumbbell rack just talking. It's gotten a little better, owners finally kicked some of them out.

I'm getting old and body hurts more. Not lifting as heavy lately.

Let's see some of the SVTP lifters, Broski's
5955a7cc42b416c61ab11f176442d39d.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I've been lifting regularly for over 16 years and a total of 3 gym's during that time.

When I first started I joined a gym called Quality Fitness. Probably the best out of the three. Unfortunately the owners went bankrupt and it closed.

Next was Anytime Fitness. Which was great for awhile, but then it got pretty dumb. Personal trainers standing right in front of me at the dumbbell rack while I'm shoulder pressing 80lb dumbbells. A lot of disrespectful people started joining. So I left.

Currently I'm at Snap Fitness which was great in the beginning, but covid hit. This brought in the best of them. Equipment was getting trashed, younger kids yelling, leaning on the dumbbell rack just talking. It's gotten a little better, owners finally kicked some of them out.

Only if GNBiden posts his…

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Back when I was younger and strong as an OX, I could not lift what the "lifters" did, but I could pick up a FE or 385 engine block walk it across the shop and put it in the back of a PU and none of those guys could. I did not use my muscles like they did, and they did not use their muscles like I did. It is what you are used to doing, or have conditioned your body to do. Ever see a serious bikers (bicycle) legs? Looks pretty impressive, but they can't squat worth shit. Same muscle group, different use.
I doubt that I could lift/bench/squat enough to impress anyone, but I get a lot of work in every day lifting/pushing/pulling or what not. I just have to watch it that I don't over-do it. I have never had a back problem, and don't want one now.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Back when I was younger and strong as an OX, I could not lift what the "lifters" did, but I could pick up a FE or 385 engine block walk it across the shop and put it in the back of a PU and none of those guys could. I did not use my muscles like they did, and they did not use their muscles like I did. It is what you are used to doing, or have conditioned your body to do. Ever see a serious bikers (bicycle) legs? Looks pretty impressive, but they can't squat worth shit. Same muscle group, different use.
I doubt that I could lift/bench/squat enough to impress anyone, but I get a lot of work in every day lifting/pushing/pulling or what not. I just have to watch it that I don't over-do it. I have never had a back problem, and don't want one now.
You've got what they call "functional strength".

I've known guys who could bench 400+ pounds but couldn't do 3 chin-ups. All depends on what you are doing with your body on a regular basis.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

AA707D07-D01A-4A40-A25A-C43123B225C1.jpeg

I’m a Swoldier!

Kornilov

Established Member

Lol - uh oh - here we go with 'farm strength'.

"I tell yew wuhhhhhht boy! My dahdeh is 35% body fat and cant take 5 consecutive steps before hyperventilating. He looks like a tub of shit emptied onto a pile of manure but he's strong as a mule. None of them fancy gym boys got nothin on him!"

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks pretty impressive, but they can't squat worth shit. Same muscle group, different use.

Yeah, I dunno about that. There are a lot of different cycling disciplines. I would put money that a track cyclist or a time trialist can outsquat any body builder on a pound for pound basis. Short course speed skaters are in the same category.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
DE72C386-E268-4328-8872-05B0A9F04C5A.jpeg
Hey @GNBRETT just checking in……

I’m sorry I’m not obviously hugely ripped like you, and I’m insanely fat from my inside cardio

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Maybe thats from being ****-fed as a baby vs. breast-fed? Lotta protien as a baby might explain ur case. Did u consider that?

So.. I’m in better shape than you… from my inside cardio…. Due to feeding obligations as a child ?

I see.

That 5th booster is really doing wonders on your logic

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yeah, I dunno about that. There are a lot of different cycling disciplines. I would put money that a track cyclist or a time trialist can outsquat any body builder on a pound for pound basis. Short course speed skaters are in the same category.

Growing up speed skating with my family owning rinks, I can attest to how massive speed skater's legs can get. My dad, brother, and sister went to Belarus back in the early 90s with a group to train with their skaters and some of those people came and visited the US and the size of their legs were ridiculous. They spent so much time leg training because you need that explosive leg strength coupled with endurance to make passes or even leave the pack in a race.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Like most of us anticipated this thread got stupid pretty fast.
Here's what we learned:
GNbrett is the strongest person ever.
Planet Fitness is for girly boys.
Just cuz you have nice legs does not mean you can squat shit.
Klaus hates Planet Fitness.
TK1299 does not like skinny boys.
Bdubbs is cool with everyone but will do whatever the hell he wants and not give a shit what you think.
Klaus will always remain extremely risk adverse and logical and smarter than most of us.
Bruno will continue to hate everyone who likes cardio and do whatever the **** he wants.

As for me? I joined this place Gold's gym which also gives me access to this place Gold's gym

Users who are viewing this thread