Plans for the car

GT350pwns

Established Member
I am wrestling with myself on whether or not I want to stay NA and shoot for ~550rwhp or if I want to add some sort of boost.

The car is already set up as more of a corner carver and has seen light auto x duty (which will increase in frequency this year) with aspirations of seeing some HPDE days at some big boy tracks after awhile.

I've though about twins (probably overkill, but I love the look and potential), single turbo, and NA.

Just looking for some input to try to point me in the right direction.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
More power to ya, if money is not a problem at all - then that would be awesome. Drivability may go out the window (have little experience with this on a Coyote, tho), but sounds fun.

GT350pwns

Established Member
It'll be a long while before I get the money to really do the na build. More of a long term goal.

Thinking about moving from the boss intake to a cj set up with lower motor mounts and a tubular front suspension so it can clear a strut brace.

How are roots blowers for road courses?

Just trying to figure out what is best for a DD that will be tracked on occasion.

Would like to maintain drivability if at all possible.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
I just sold my track mustang (4.6) which was a caged PD blower 450-600rwhp depending on gas and pulley. It was a machine on a road course but heat soak can be bothersome, you need to tune for it and out here tracks get very hot most of the year. A lot of the down low power it provides isn't much of a benefit when shifting in high RPM's and traction is the limiting factor out of corners so a Turbo app would have likely been more suited - although comes with a lot more tinkering a problem solving.

For the Coyote, I'll let people chime in with more experience. 550 seems almost unattainable and maybe cheaper to just put a different NA engine in. A 600rwhp Turbo can be a project finished in a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread