Please help recommend a good camera

IA Shelby

Established Member
I don't know anything about camera's.

Looking a for a camera to take better pictures of the cars.

Looking for the following:

1) compact to medium size
2) easy to use
3) Not concerned about taking video

Price not a big deal.

Thanks

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I bought a D3000 nikon. I am not anywhere near a pro and I use it to take pics of cars I am selling and misc stuff. its a very good camera and I have been very happy with it.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
DO NOT GET A DSLR!!!! lol

I had a Nikon from bestbuy. I think it was like 230? Don't know the exact model but it took great pictures..

IA Shelby

Established Member
DO NOT GET A DSLR!!!! lol

I had a Nikon from bestbuy. I think it was like 230? Don't know the exact model but it took great pictures..

What is a DSLR anyway? Heard of it but have no idea what or how it is different.

oldmodman

Established Member
Digital Single Lens Reflex.
That's when you look into the viewfinder and see out through the taking lens. They are generally bigger, heavier, and more power hungry. But they are much more versatile. Also more complicated.

You can find all the quality that you need in a larger point and shoot. The bigger ones have a large zoom range, good (or at least decent low light capability, and a little more control over the camera that the little 100 to 200 dollar cameras.

Here is decent camera at Costco.

Canon Powershot SX510 HS Digital Camera Bundle

IA Shelby

Established Member
Digital Single Lens Reflex.
That's when you look into the viewfinder and see out through the taking lens. They are generally bigger, heavier, and more power hungry. But they are much more versatile. Also more complicated.

You can find all the quality that you need in a larger point and shoot. The bigger ones have a large zoom range, good (or at least decent low light capability, and a little more control over the camera that the little 100 to 200 dollar cameras.

Here is decent camera at Costco.

Canon Powershot SX510 HS Digital Camera Bundle

Thanks for the recommendations.

19turbo95

Established Member
Just bought the Canon SX510 yesterday. Very light, easy to use, and takes good pictures. You do have to buy a SD card with it. Got it for $188.99 at Best Buy.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Sony Cyber-shot!! 16.1 megapixels, 10x zoom, great video, easy for a camera idiot like me. I researched before I got one, great reviews. Inside it's little soft case, still will fit in your shirt pocket. Highly recommend!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love my Panasonic FZ-200 camera. Takes awesome photos. It's not a DSLR, but is what some call a bridge camera. In-between a point & shoot and DSLR. 12.1MP. F2.8, 24x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens. I've had about a dozen digital cameras over the years, including one DSLR. This is my absolute favorite. Easy to use, too.
Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 12.1 MP Digital Camera with CMOS Sensor and 24x Optical Zoom - Black: PANASONIC: Camera & Photo
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Review: Digital Photography Review

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You can do well with nearly any camera if you simply learn how to use them correctly.

The best photographs come from good photographers. The gear is secondary.

So I'd say a decent point and shoot with a good optical zoom would do you well. Then, just go out and shoot pictures. You learn from doing.

brandonflood123

Established Member
im not to knowledgeable on cameras but i would recomend getting one where you can adjust the shutter speed(idk if you can do that on all cameras) but all the super awesome pictures you see are usually do to how the shutter speed is set. aswell as being a good photographer

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
...... I'll be the lone soldier with the iPhone at the gatherings this year it sounds like. HAHA

I had to laugh when I saw your post. I bought my wife a really nice P&S in January. She still prefers to use her iPhone 4S camera. Go figure. :lol1:

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I had to laugh when I saw your post. I bought my wife a really nice P&S in January. She still prefers to use her iPhone 4S camera. Go figure. :lol1:

I wish I had enough photo talent to justify purchasing a nice camera, but instead the gopro and iPhone do the trick. Besides, if IA Shelby picks up a nice one as it sounds, that will be 4-5 guys in our local 'group' that I can mooch off of for pics :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread