Plug experts

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Just took out 1 plug from each side.What do you think?Change them?Also what gap setting would you use with my mods(see sig)..Thanks for your time,Bruce

PictureorVideo121.gif

PictureorVideo124.gif

PictureorVideo120.gif

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I'm no expert but they still look good to me. I change mine every 20,000

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Just got a new JDM 108 power tube and it was running way too lean.I added 17%fuel at WOT.A/F was down to 11.1 .. I since leaned it out to 11.6 at WOT.

I guess I will put new plugs in today.I had them gapped at 34.Sound right?

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
Every one told me to put my NGK TR6 gap @ 34 on a 6 lb pulley. I did that and lost power.

I switched to NGK iridium and gaped them @ 36 and noticed a little better response on my tip in and it seems to run a lot smoother at cruising speeds. But then again I am running higher compression.

Charlie

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Plugs look ok Bruce. Running too lean is overall better than too rich as far as plugs go, once they get fouled they don't come back.

Barring one being eaten up from detonation I change mine every 8-12K just depending. The higher stresses they're subjected to warrants the earlier change period. If it still runs good then leave 'em in. :beer:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Plugs look ok Bruce. Running too lean is overall better than too rich as far as plugs go, once they get fouled they don't come back.

Barring one being eaten up from detonation I change mine every 8-12K just depending. The higher stresses they're subjected to warrants the earlier change period. If it still runs good then leave 'em in. :beer:

Idle was a little rough.I just bought a whole new set of plugs..I guess it cant hurt to change them...What gap should I make them?

Users who are viewing this thread