Plug Gap Question?

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
So a friend of mine is just about ready to fire up his cobra after putting on a whipple. He is running 22 psi and is wondering what to gap his plusg at. they are denso iridium it22's. So if any body know please let me know thanks. :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If it's a 2.3 I'd gap them at .028" and see how that does. That sucker is going to haul some serious mail when he gets it tuned that's for sure. That's what I run on mine and it makes 670hp. But I got full lengths and one of my ported lowers on it as well. Oh and that's my race tune. Almost forgot.

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
^ yes it is the 2.3 whipple. And thats what he is going for hp wise. thanks man.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Well tell him good luck. If he hasn't driven a Twin Screw car yet he's in for a hell of a ride! No matter what you read or hear until you drive one you can put it in words.

04Sonic

Established Member
Run TR6 start gap at .26 at that boost level, data log it up top, you may need to go to .24 if you see any blow out. Make sure he runs 1 can of torco or good fuel.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I'm running TR7 iridium plugs and was also having this problem with my Whipple 2.3 (running 19#) at just above 6,000 RPM. I took the plugs out today and regapped them at 0.025" and will be dynoing the car again tomorrow with a race gas / premium blend. I'm also going to make a couple of runs with my 2.7" pulley and am expecting to make around 21# of boost...:beer:

03Ken

Sleeper
Established Member
So a friend of mine is just about ready to fire up his cobra after putting on a whipple. He is running 22 psi and is wondering what to gap his plusg at. they are denso iridium it22's. So if any body know please let me know thanks. :beer:

If he's not, he should be running race fuel. That's alot of boost for anything near pump gas. Because of this ditch the iridium and get copper tr6 or tr7. Plugs will foul a lot quicker with race fuel. These plugs work as well or better and are lot cheaper. IMO start with .28 and see how it runs. If it cuts out on the top end, gap down to .26.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Actually I'm running a colder plug than the tr7's and my car seems to love it so far. They are a race NGK plug but I can't remember the name now.

Users who are viewing this thread