Polishing Borla ATAKs?

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I just got most of my Borla ATAK catback in for my '14. UPS launched one of the OTA pipes out the box when they literally dropped it out of the truck. So while I wait for the replacement OTA pipes to come in I was wondering if it would even be worth polishing the rest of the muffler assemblies besides the already polished tips? I don't mind putting in the legwork if it will be worth it.

Nuar

Established Member
Most of the people (myself included) hate the look of the mufflers behind the bumper. Some go as far as painting the mufflers black or at least the face facing the rear of the car so they don't show behind the bumper...
To me, polishing them would be a waste of time and work and it will make them show behind the bumper a lot more.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I know the polishing thing is popular on the Terminators. I like the muffler location on the -04 Mustangs a lot better. I do have to say, the ATAK tops are almost comically huge.

7125E606-FF6C-4D1A-A4DD-E8B81EA406B1_zps6zexgmug.jpg

BPatterson

Established Member
I polished my Magnaflows, as well as my Borlas. While they look great initially, any amount of driving throws road grime up onto them, and the polish diminishes pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread