Status
Not open for further replies.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
:thumbsup:

Who has the yellow coupe???

Its a guy in Dallas who was trading it for a 2000 Cobra R but backed out. While at Lone Star Performance open house, he bought some hefty upgrades, installing Vortech supercharger, 3.73 gears, headers, and some suspension mods and all. He will be at the SVT Texas chapter meeting this Saturday, hope you could make it. John Eagle Lincholn in Dallas on Lovers Lane

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Yup i mean the front facia... I am working on getting the person who designed it to hook up the aftermarket... I will keep you posted

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by stevieb
Your car is not a R, so why try to impersonate one.
It's not about trying to impersonate a different car, it IS about installing an effective wing on a car that is lacking one.
Originally posted by stevieb There was a thread up here about the worst things someone could do to their car, well putting R parts on a non R cobra should be on the list.
Well, I think Ford has already done that; T56 six-speed transmission, aluminum flywheel, Brembos, Bilsteins, Eibachs, shiny little horse in the grill...:lol:

cobravert03

Why? Because it's funny.
For many, part of the pleasure of owning a car like the Cobra is personalization. If putting a Cobra R wing on your car enhances your ownership experience, then so be it. To each his/her own.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
How will I vote?

My choices are using the Cobra R style spoiler because:
1. It works and it fits
2. No other spoiler can yet claim the equiv. downforce under race
conditions
3. My car will stick better at 150MPH on the Willow Springs pit
row straight
I should not install this spoiler because:
1. It looks "Ricey"
2. It belongs on Rs only and 'It's just not right"
3. It offends our purists

Man....I hate choices!

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by slth69
I got the holes filled and the trunklid repainted along w/ the spoiler. I just took it to a few bodyshops to see who would do the best work.

If I had to do it again I would've just bought a new trunklid, I think it may have ended up being cheaper. O'well.

And just where can you order a trunklid for an 03 Cobra online?

slth69

Established Member
Originally posted by OKC03Cobra
And just where can you order a trunklid for an 03 Cobra online?

I would actually look around salvage yards and check out stangparts.com or other similar sites.

You could always just get a new "lid" straight from ford but I'm sure that could get pricey.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I like both the front spliter and rear wing on that race car posted earlier. I would own both without reservation, rice cops be damned.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
The car belongs to a guy who goes by roushraven on Stangnet. He posted these pics when someone over there was asking about side exhaust. He also has a yellow 03 vert. Must be nice.

Its a real Roush 03 Cobra.

I love the roush side exhaust and might just get it. I don't know if I could go all out with the whole body kit. What the heck its only money.

Dewalt03Cobra

NASCAR Fanatic
Established Member
Added traction is always a GOOD THING

At 120+ MPH the 2000 R Wing makes a big performance differance on winding country roads. The rear end doesn't kick out near as far or as often on these types of bumpy roads. I have had my car for a little over a year and I like going fast, but the stock configuration was far to squirrely on the bumpy roads by me. After three months of sliding around I got the wing. But if your just going to open it up on big, smooth, open highways, where the extra down force isn't needed, don't throw your money away.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I voted no, but do it. It sounds like you want it. It's your car and your statement. Have fun with it! I did yellow headlight tint!

:beer:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
I voted no, but do it. It sounds like you want it. It's your car and your statement. Have fun with it! I did yellow headlight tint!

:beer:

What ever happened to those yellow headlight pics you were going to take of your car???

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Re: Added traction is always a GOOD THING

Dewalt03Cobra, I have to say your car looks sweet. I have always been fond of the 00 R wing look. I had ordered my Cobra last year even before the actual pictures were available.

When the dealer gave me the car brochure, I thought that the wing they were installing on the 03 wasn't giving their hot car a strong enough image to profile the performance. The dealer suggested the delete rear wing option and when he showed suggestions of what he can have installed, the Ford 00 R wing was hands down winner.

Speaking with the SVT Tech group, they had said that if I wanted to be hitting the high speeds, that the R wing is what would be needed. The R wing does keep you from using the drive through car washes.

I took delivery of the car from day one with the R wing on it and can't say what the car drives like with a stock 03 wing. I have driven my car up to 160 and it feels real stable and runs great on the road track courses.

I eventually plan on going with a R style front bumper someday. But it sure is low and I had already nailed the front bumper twice.

I like the R style for the looks, but just as important I wanted the effect on performance.

My buddy in the pic had won the car show award for late model car at Dallas Mustang Open house this month. He took his 01 Cobra and installed the full Cobra R style body kit on his.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread