Votes: 372 67.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Mr. Mysti said:
I put on the 00R Springs/Shocks/Struts (F & R) and took the car to Gingerman. The car was real tail happy and a bit difficult to control. Lots more over steer than I am accustomed to.

Then I put the wing on and took the car to Blackhawk Farms, huge difference. The wing kept the rear end glued down and I did not notice much over steer.

So I will run w/ the 2000R wing and deck lid May ~ October and then w/ the 04 wing and deck lid October ~ May.

aexpok.jpg

Where'd you get the decklid? Most OEMs Ive seen are $600+.

Also, any more pics of the 00R shock/spring combo?

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
Someone on this board was selling the decklid and spoiler together. He offered to paint it in my choice of color so I told him G6 Mystichrome. :-D

He might be able to do another, I am not sure.

Link

I paid $800.00 for wing/decklid painted to match my car. Another $150 shipped in two huge boxes packed very well. Color match was perfect, paint was good, but not perfect. Decklid may have been used, I don't know. Came w/ 3rd brake light, did not come w/ electronic release or lock cylinder. For the price I got no complaints.

:beer:

I stuck the 00R springs in w/ the stock isolators. The ride height did not change much. No more that 1/4" if I remember correctly.

More Photo's

Vince

Last edited:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
leave it on oct-may. these cars need weight over the rear axle in the winter.

the 00r wing and the hp motorsport wing are the only ones ive seen that are up high in the good air. all the other spoilers look like they're too close to the boundary layer. i never thought to look - is there any adjustment to it?

i want to see a picture of your car with snow tires on it and the body caked in salt up to the door handles :dw:

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
ls1eater said:
A guy here in lakeland has a red 03 with a cobra r spoiler and i think it looks ok but ill stick with my stock spoiler......

Where in Lakeland? I will find that thing if I have too.. LOL

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
It really depends on how you want your car. The cobra R spolier is flashy. A lot of Cobras are kind of sleepers. A lot of people (especially ricers) don't even really recognize a cobra on the street. They think that it is a Mustang GT with an after market hood.

The spoiler looks good with a full flashy exterior package, but not with minimal exterior mods. Of course, if your Cobra is modified and actually driven fast enough for the additional downforce to matter, then that may be a good reason.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
dkd58 said:
I've seen these Cobra R spoilers advertised and I am interested in finding out everyones' opinion from an aesthetic standpoint. However, I also want it for running the open road racing circuit in Nevada so it's not just for appearances. Thanks, Dave

Any other comments are welcome!
No, It looks bastardized.
Sorry just my $0.02

Lord Warlock

Established Member
If you get the front splitter along with the wing, it would look fine. I'm not really crazy about tall wings on modern cars, although I like the charger daytona wing which inspired most of these wild configurations. I personally prefer the looks of the shinoda boss rear spoiler/whale tail and front lip spoiler, and may eventually go that route, but for now will just live with the stock look. I don't care much for the stock spoiler as it looks like someone tacked it on because they thought a cobra should have a spoiler of some sort. I liked my 2000 GT spoiler much better, but don't want to make the 04 look like an 00.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
dkd58 said:
Yeah, maybe it sends the wrong signal like, "I wish I had a Cobra R" or something...
I do wish i had a cobra R! thats why i sya go for it. but you need the 99/01 front end w the front spliter as well

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I had a 2003 GT before the Cobra, and I had Cobra R wing and Steeda front splitter. It looked sweet, but if you do the spoiler, IMO you have to do the front splitter as well. If not I think the wing looks a little out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread